Why become a member? ×

Line6 bargains

Cygnus x-1

What type of music is it? :)

My stock setting was "rock", low mid boost, gain to suit and line at full. If you want to save it then press and hold the channel button and it will save it to a channel IIRC. If you don't want any effects then make sure that they are turned full anti-clockwise other something may be engaged.

[quote name='Marvin' timestamp='1331118847' post='1567825']
I'd never buy Line6, it's got to be the most horrid thing I've ever used.
[/quote]

I was quite upset actually.
I'd half set my mind on getting one of those little Studio 110's for acoustic gigs and studio sessions but the HD750 episode soured it.

[quote name='charic' timestamp='1331133252' post='1568189']
What type of music is it? :)

My stock setting was "rock", low mid boost, gain to suit and line at full. If you want to save it then press and hold the channel button and it will save it to a channel IIRC. If you don't want any effects then make sure that they are turned full anti-clockwise other something may be engaged.
[/quote]

That sounds about what I'll go for.

The music is sort of prog rock/metal.

[quote name='icastle' timestamp='1331140078' post='1568375']
I was quite upset actually.
I'd half set my mind on getting one of those little Studio 110's for acoustic gigs and studio sessions but the HD750 episode soured it.
[/quote]

You didn't miss much! I used a Studio 110 for small acoustic gigs for a while when they first came out and actually managed to persuade myself that it sounded alright just because it was reasonably built, fairly loud and had some useful features packed into a smallish space. I soon came to the realisation that I was merrily fooling myself and it actually sounded mediocre at best. It wasn't a bad practice amp for home use but lacked any clarity of tone for live work when cranked, and I certainly wouldn't have recorded with it. It's currently sat in the corner of my lass' living room for her to plonk through when the mood takes her!

[quote name='Ed_S' timestamp='1331144946' post='1568481']
You didn't miss much! I used a Studio 110 for small acoustic gigs for a while when they first came out and actually managed to persuade myself that it sounded alright just because it was reasonably built, fairly loud and had some useful features packed into a smallish space. I soon came to the realisation that I was merrily fooling myself and it actually sounded mediocre at best. It wasn't a bad practice amp for home use but lacked any clarity of tone for live work when cranked, and I certainly wouldn't have recorded with it. It's currently sat in the corner of my lass' living room for her to plonk through when the mood takes her!
[/quote]

I'd kinda hoped that it'd be like an Promethean P110 but without the 'bells and whistles' and reduced power output.
The only other one that matched my criteria was the AER, but at £1000+ it's gonna have to wait for quite a while...

[quote name='icastle' timestamp='1331146397' post='1568524']
I'd kinda hoped that it'd be like an Promethean P110 but without the 'bells and whistles' and reduced power output.
The only other one that matched my criteria was the AER, but at £1000+ it's gonna have to wait for quite a while...
[/quote]

Never used a Promethean, but I'd expect it to be better than the Line6 if only because it has a native tone; it is what it is rather than trying to be five things it isn't!

I play through the 'old' bassist's (he doesn't have any room in his house) line6 LD300 at the rehearsal room my band rents. It actual sounds alright when you turn all the rubbishy effects off. It's certainly loud enough and it's got a bit of oomph.

[quote name='Ed_S' timestamp='1331162408' post='1568883']
Never used a Promethean, but I'd expect it to be better than the Line6 if only because it has a native tone; it is what it is rather than trying to be five things it isn't!
[/quote]

What a great description, I'm so gonna have to nick that for future use! :lol: