Why become a member? ×

Overwater/Tanglewood Aspiration bridge problem

ead

Hi people, can anybody help me with this little problem please? My Contemp Jazz 4 has gone for an annual set up to a luthier and when he took the E string off the black saddle just kind off fell out of the chromed base part (please see the pics if that doesn't make sense).

It looks like the grub screws have been over-tightened at some point during manufacture as you can see a crack in the casting and I definitely haven't touched it at all since it came with a decent set up. The luthier has been in contact with OW who have passed him onto Tanglewood but I don't think he's getting much joy.

Anybody have any ideas about sourcing a replacement part please? Thanks!

Pics [attachment=101746:OW A CJ4 bridge 01.JPG] [attachment=101747:OW A CJ4 bridge 02.JPG] [attachment=101748:OW A CJ4 bridge 04.JPG] [attachment=101745:OW A CJ4 bridge 03.JPG]

@ Mr Foxen - the saddles measure 15mm wide would yours fit? Handy to know!

@EAD - Just got back in and picked up an email saying that they've got a part and will post it to me as soon as I give them my address. How handy!

Wahey!

Perhaps as yours was a first batch they've improved the design of the saddles now? Let's hope so!

- Jack

Hopefully looks like it's on the way to being resolved. I put a post up as the parts looked a bit like Warwick bridges and wondered if that might be an alternative if a blank was drawn. I presume some early teething trouble in production that somehow made it through QC. I think my bass was in the first batch (Feb 2011)?

This minor problem has in no way diminished my enthusiasm for these most excellent basses though :)

• 3 weeks later...