Why become a member? ×

Urgent-ish. The real deal? Fender USA Musicmaster. MONDAY 5th MARCH.

Jumanji

[quote name='Big_Stu' timestamp='1330981116' post='1565869']

Then you're getting into EB0/EB3 territory; which is a nice place to be - and was covered extensively not so long ago.
The Epiphones are liked, but would need vintage electrics to get "that" sound.
[/quote]

Ah yes, but I'm not a huge fan of the body shape. I like a classic fender body, more pleasing to my eye.

[quote name='Wooks79' timestamp='1330981758' post='1565883']
£390! Beedster doesn't need to crack out the mayonnaise!

Did you win it then mate?
[/quote]

Unfortunately not! But that only means more excitement in looking for another. Or with my new found basschat knowledge I can find something even better!!

Thanks for all the help, info and pants jokes.

[quote name='Beedster' timestamp='1330984510' post='1565950']
Man, I can't begin to describe the relief :rolleyes:
[/quote]

No underpants for your supper tonight boy. Straight off to bed!

Jez

Edited by jezzaboy

[quote name='Jumanji' timestamp='1330988333' post='1566054']
Relief that your briefs aren't being digested, or that I didn't buy a poopy bass?
[/quote]

Nothing wrong with the bass, surprised it went as low as it did really. My pants will live to fight another day :rolleyes:

[quote name='Mr. Foxen' timestamp='1330981353' post='1565875']
Should have said 'Sticky', actually marked 'pinned' with a green box, second topic down on this forum: [url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/73234-tonewoods/"]http://basschat.co.u...3234-tonewoods/[/url]
[/quote]

Ah yes very helpful.

I think that we are missing something here.

All credit to you Jumanji. I think that this is one of the very few times when someone joins the site and asks for advice about BUYING something rather than joining and trying to sell something, then heading for the hills never to be seen again! :rolleyes:

Jez

[quote name='jezzaboy' timestamp='1331031890' post='1566466']
I think that we are missing something here.

All credit to you Jumanji. I think that this is one of the very few times when someone joins the site and asks for advice about BUYING something rather than joining and trying to sell something, then heading for the hills never to be seen again! :rolleyes:

Jez
[/quote]

Ah well thank you Jez. I am a friend of a moderator "dood" Dan, so I know the annoyance of those types.
However, I do have something to sell... but more trying to get ideas as to what it's worth culturally as well as value, AND if anyone even knows/cares about it enough to even want to buy it...
It's a Dan Armstrong from 74. dood advised me post it in the other equipment section. I'm considering selling it to get a Mustang or Musicmaster bass, hence my beginning this post. so on and so on.

What a scumbag I am!

[quote name='Mornats' timestamp='1331031798' post='1566462']
I'm pretty sure I saw a Fender Musicmaster at Treblerock in Clifton, Bristol at the weekend. If I remember rightly it was going for about £560 ish (definitely £500-and-something).
[/quote]

Yes you did! I Googled Treblerock and it's on the site. Good knowledge! Thanks

I've turned my attention to Mustangs now, having discovered more about both models. I'm aware I'm probably going to end up spending over the odds in terms of value bass for money, but I'd rather have a bass I consider cool and pretty as I'm 100% more likely to want to use it!

My first bass was a musicmaster way back in the early 70's A red one with tape wound strings, it sounded gash untill I stuck on some roundwounds and it was a fantastic bass.... oh why do we sell guitars? Oh wait... I know, if we didnt we would need a warehouse to store the blooming things.

[quote name='phatkat' timestamp='1331170989' post='1568949']
My first bass was a musicmaster way back in the early 70's A red one with tape wound strings, it sounded gash untill I stuck on some roundwounds and it was a fantastic bass.... oh why do we sell guitars? Oh wait... I know, if we didnt we would need a warehouse to store the blooming things.
[/quote]

heck yes! I currently have 10 and limited wall space to hang them.
I now know that a Mustang of the same era has through-body string holes so the resonance and string tension is greatly improved for flats. I'm all about the flat-wound... although find me another bassist who agrees! I want a bass to thud, not shimmer with high-end frequencies.