Why become a member? ×

Hello from New Jersey USA

TomRichards

Hello everyone!

Tom Richards, pro bassist from Asbury Park NJ USA, 30+ years in the biz. Yes, I do know Bruce Springsteen and Garry Tallent but no, I can't get you tickets, so don't ask. ;)

I am endorsed by Hartke and Brubaker, and I just recently accepted the position as Brand Manager for the Brubaker Brute Series basses.

I am a recognized expert in anything made in Neptune NJ, and am the go to guy for many shops in the US when they have questions about vintage Danelectro guitars and basses and Kramer or Vaccaro basses.

If you need or want any info on US basses, I will be glad to get you it if I can.

Great to meet you all!

[quote name='TomRichards' timestamp='1330981919' post='1565888']
Yes I do, although I usually only see Joe when he is doing the annual Light of Day stuff here in January.

Glad to make your acquaintance.
[/quote]

Likewise. The band I was in toured with Joe and Stone Caravan here a few years ago. I try to get to see him and the boys when they're over here as they always play one of our local pubs.

[quote name='louisthebass' timestamp='1330986736' post='1566017']
Welcome aboard :)
Probably a silly question - have you played at the legendary Stone Pony?
[/quote]

Yes, many times, going back as far as 1986 and did a fill in last year. I also appeared on the Pony stage in November as a presenter for the Asbury Music Awards.

Its a great stage to play, but honestly, no different then most. Unless Bruce Springsteen or Jon Bon Jovi actually jump up with you at some point, well, its not thought of as legendary.

Every Sunday in Feb and March they have a battle of the bands called "The Break" for a spot at the annual Bamboozle Festival. There are at least 18 bands each day for the first couple of weeks. You wanna know what they put in their press kits? Yep, "Played the Legendary Stone Pony."

Paying to play for a 15 minute contest set and using that phrase kind of takes a little shine off the medal....

I think my favorite was the fact I got a chance to play with Vini Lopez and Steel Mill at a benefit held there a few years ago. Now that, in AP terms, is legendary.

Thanks for asking. If you are ever in the area, look me up. I'll be glad to use my Stone Pony Musician's VIP card to get you in.

;)