Why become a member? ×

How do you make your neck smooth?

apa

Ive stuck this first in the Big Boys Club but thought it may apply equally here for any bass neck........

Ive really been enjoying my Stagg EUB but theres one anoying problem with it!! The painted back of the neck is very very sticky. Its making it very hard work to change position. Its not dirty and nor am I (well I am but thats another story!) The neck started out as a satin finish and was sticky. I thought it would get better but now that its polished its even worse. Is there a spray? Do I sand it back? do I spray paint it? Do I get the vasaline out?

Help?

cheers

A

Edited by apa

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1330712501' post='1562129']
It's what I've used to 'satinise' the finish on glossy electric bass guitar necks. Scotchbrite pads don't take off material too quickly. But I don't have experience of EUBs, so you should probably await a response from 'the other place'...
[/quote]

How did I ever doubt you :rolleyes: ;)

A

[quote name='Clarky' timestamp='1330712766' post='1562132']
here you go [url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/48665-deglossing-a-neck/page__p__487629__hl__grit%20neck__fromsearch__1#entry487629"]http://basschat.co.u...__1#entry487629[/url]
[/quote]

Thanks Clarky. I suppose I'll have to read it twice now :-D

A

• 1 month later...