Why become a member? ×

What strings do you use

paulypbass

[quote name='charic' timestamp='1334566832' post='1617559']
Try then with a stiff pick for a week*, if you can't hear a difference then you ARE deaf ;)

[i]*Warning, will result in a horrendous mess and needing new strings [/i]
[/quote]
guess I must be, I use a 1mm pick all the time, but they haven't shed their 'skin' this time, someone on here told me to be careful not to catch them on the bridge holes when putting them on as it damages the coating, works for me

[quote name='neepheid' timestamp='1332846985' post='1593803']

The only time I've used anything else is some extra long D'addario XLs for my RD Artist for the through body stringing. Had a play with flats a while back - hated Rotos and Fenders, loved Thomastiks. Tried D'addario half rounds and didn't like them - felt sticky to me.
[/quote]

I've tried everywhere for these cos I love them too but they seem to have vanished.

Currently I only use Roto flats £26 a set and they've lasted 18 months so far so that's working out at around £1.45 per month currently :)

[quote name='PaulWarning' timestamp='1334579156' post='1617875']
guess I must be, I use a 1mm pick all the time, but they haven't shed their 'skin' this time, someone on here told me to be careful not to catch them on the bridge holes when putting them on as it damages the coating, works for me
[/quote]

Weird! Either they've changed something fairly major in the last few years or you're playing a lot softer than I used too :lol:

I absolutely wrecked them in no time at all

I've tried Elites, Ernie Ball, GHS and D'Addario in the past but I always go back to Rotosounds. Worn in 66s, mmmmm....

Recently I've been trying Dean Markleys. NPS Roundcores are good but nobody in this country seems to sell them. After receiving some dud Blue Steels, I've just started using some brand new top-secret, not-yet-in-the-shops Helix HD SS strings :o (the A and E are also tapered)

Review to follow once they're properly worn in ;)