Why become a member? ×

DELETE

CBbass

Hi guys,

I've decided to sell my 1982 57 RI fullerton bass. I've given it a lot of time, but I just can't get used to the chunky neck.

I'm sure some of you might know these are the first year vintage reissues and can go for as much as some custom shop models. They may be CBS, but they are held in high regard with quality - they are said to have been made with the tools used on the original basses, also some of the original team were still around when they made these. There are a lot of threads on talkbass about this specific year and model so if you are unsure then I'd suggest checking over there.

This is a feeler, if it doesn't go for what I'm asking then I'll keep it.

Every part on this bass is unmodified and original. It has been gigged by what I am told the second owners grandfather, I am the third owner. All wear is natural wear and tear.

The neck pocket is amongst the tightest I've seen on a fender bass in person. The neck is fine though it needs a proper setup which I'm not capable of. All the electronics work perfectly. It is very light at [color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]6.2lbs. neck date is [/font][/color][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]11/12/82 (pics included). There are a few slight bumps are paint chips as to be expected. The nitro finish has sunk in nicely to the wood, there is some buckle rash on the back. the knobs have some chrome come off from what I assume is sweat.[/font][/color]

I have seen/read the plasic wiring is correct for some first years, the neck written in pencil is also. With some googling I'm sure you can find this. I can get more pics on request.

[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][color=#282828]I'm going to ask for £900, buyer pays postage + fees. Will take bank transfer or cash on collection too. Collection from solihull. Comes with a non original hard shell case and the original chrome bridge cover (still has 99% of it's foam on) and the original pickup chrome cover. All with original screws and in very nice condition, absolutely no rust.[/color][/font]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]I have had successful deals with 3 different members on this forum so please buy in confidence. Feel free to ask any questions.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Thanks![/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]EDIT: strings are dr hi beams I think 45s[/font][/color]

Edited by CBbass

[quote name='CPBassman' timestamp='1330374037' post='1556480']
Does it have the original case and paperwork?
[/quote]
Afraid not.[quote name='BB2000' timestamp='1330373774' post='1556475']
6.2lbs! Are you sure?
[/quote]
My conversion was quite off! 3 3/4 stone.

EDIT: I can probably take a picture of the case I have if you like. It's a little tatty, certainly not valuable. Good enough for shipping.

Edited by CBbass

[quote name='CBbass' timestamp='1330374791' post='1556499']
My conversion was quite off! 3 3/4 stone.
[/quote]

That's 52.5 lb then...

I hope you meant 3.75kg (8 1/4lb) - that's a typical weight for these basses. Good luck with the sale, they are worth every penny you're asking (and them some!).

[quote name='BB2000' timestamp='1330375401' post='1556512']
That's 52.5 lb then...

I hope you meant 3.75kg (8 1/4lb) - that's a typical weight for these basses. Good luck with the sale, they are worth every penny you're asking (and them some!).
[/quote]

Thank you.

[quote name='warwickhunt' timestamp='1330375494' post='1556516']
Quite off... and it's now 3 and 3/4 stone! :blink: Bliddy hell that's some weight! :lol:
[/quote]

Well it certainly weighs far less than my friends MiM P bass! :P

[quote name='CBbass' timestamp='1330373537' post='1556468']
They may be CBS, but they are held in high regard with quality - they are said to have been made with the tools used on the original basses, also some of the original team were still around when they made these.[/quote]
Pre CBS, CBS, post-CBS.... those original '82/83 Fullerton reissues are - in mine and many other people's opinions - the best instruments ever to come out of a Fender factory.

That's a stupendously good price too, man.

Good luck with the sale/deal.

Have a bump on me.

I've had a few trade requests. I generally like anything really but I particularly like Fenders (P/Jazz) and G&L (L2000/JB-2) - Must be 4 string. I'm not so keen on bass copy's. I will also be keeping this up for about 2 weeks, after that I'll quite happily keep it. As others have kindly pointed out, this is a good price for what you get.

Thanks.

[quote name='Banabas Oláh' timestamp='1330471732' post='1558178']
Hi ,trade mybe for Fender Jazz Bass american de luxe V.?
new(2011) natur ash,maple neck ,black block inlays,aktive,passive sound with fender original kofer and zertifikate!
thanx,cheers,bruno
[/quote]

Not really my thing, thanks for the offer Bruno.