Why become a member? ×

Yamaha BB NE-2 NO LONGER FOR SALE!

owenfielding

i have a pristine instrument for sale, a Yamaha BBNE-2 Nathan East signature model in black and 5-string; 34 inch scale and 24 frets. This instrument is amazing! check it out on the Yamaha site or at Nathan East's site.

It's a thru-neck beast with ebony fingerboard inlaid with figured abalone, mother of pearl tuners, bridge with individual saddles, maple and alder body, maple and mahogony neck, 2 Alnico V-stack humbucker pickups, active, great eq and tone controls, and gold hardware. looks so cool. It is quite a rare instrument as Yamaha only produce around 50 of these each year! It comes in the original case and is absolutely unmarked and orginal; sounds awesome and plays like a dream maintaining very accurate intonation.

make me an offer around £1300. sorry but i'm only interested in a sale, no swaps or trades.

thanks. owen.

Edited by owenfielding

hi and thanks for your interest. i have no idea what the market value is; i intended to call a coupla bass stores and ask a dealer friend. the black models seem to be a bit rarer than the white and are going for around £1400 but i'll check it out. as i said, i'm open to sensible offers.

thanks. owen.

I've played this bass in a shop and it definitely made me go 'oooh'. Lovely supple feel and a warm growly sound. I know another member, Vipa, bought one a few months back on my suggestion and he's completely in love with it.

[quote name='Mike' post='172589' date='Apr 8 2008, 08:56 PM']I think I love these. However, it's lucky it's not in the blue finish, or else I would be remortgaging the house instead of typing this![/quote]

As a previous owner of the a BBNE2, I agree, very nice indeed - the blue and orange finish ones are the original Nathan Easts btw, the BB-NE2 is only available in black and white.

• 3 weeks later...

[quote name='sesanbass' post='185250' date='Apr 25 2008, 01:06 PM'][font="Trebuchet MS"]Hi, I would love to own this BB NE2 but really can't afford £1300. Can you confirm if it's still available and you're open to negotiations, thank. :) [/font][/quote]

hi. yes, i still have the bass for sale and may be able to negotiate.

thanks.
owen.