Why become a member? ×

SOLD - Sterling by MusicMan Ray35 in honeyburst

dannybuoy

I picked this up a short while ago to try out, but am now moving it on again. Nothing wrong with it whatsoever, it looks, feels and sounds fantastic but I've come to realise I prefer passive basses and am currently lusting after a Yamaha BB1025X / BB2025X (for which I would do you a trade).

It's in the same mint condition as it was when TommyK sold it on here, so I'll reuse his photos if he doesn't mind! Only very light swirling on the pickguard, no scratches or dings elsewhere - since I tried it out and decided it wasn't for me it has sat in the case ever since! Read his review of it here also: [url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/103822-sterling-by-musicman-ray-35/page__hl__ray35+review"]http://basschat.co.u...l__ray35+review[/url]

It comes with a decent Hiscox Lifeflight hard case also.

Price is £450 picked up from Croydon, or could meet anywhere in the London area. [b]Courier is now an option also![/b]

[b]SOLD![/b]

Edited by dannybuoy

[quote name='dannybuoy' timestamp='1330125426' post='1553253']
It's in the same mint condition as it was when TommyK sold it on here, so I'll reuse his photos if he doesn't mind! [/quote]

I don't mind... it's fine.. ;)

This is a great Bass, I would say it requires zero modification to sound like a SR5. Apart from a bit of cheaper hardware here and there, they are essentially pretty much the same bass. The finish is stunning on this one too... B)

Good luck with the sale. :)

[quote name='dannybuoy' timestamp='1330189961' post='1553965']
Yeah, I agree - BigSmokeBass is biassed as he's trying to sell an SR5! ;-)
[/quote]

OI! ;P Haha. They're very nice basses and that's all I'll say on the whole.

The Sterling, I couldn't believe I got my musicman before I played this otherwise I'd have saved myself about half the amount I payed.
If I managed to sell mine, I'd get this, simple as :)

Not sure how I would pack it, the bulk of the hard case means l can't use a regular bass cardboard box, I wouldn't like to just whack a label on the case and send it as is.

I'm happy to hang on for a while to see if anyone nearby wants it, if it doesn't go in a few weeks I'll look into postage options.

Edited by dannybuoy

[quote name='dannybuoy' timestamp='1330499320' post='1558299']
Not sure how I would pack it, the bulk of the hard case means l can't use a regular bass cardboard box, I wouldn't like to just whack a label on the case and send it as is.

I'm happy to hang on for a while to see if anyone nearby wants it, if it doesn't go in a few weeks I'll look into postage options.
[/quote]

For a perfect cardboard box to fit round a bass case, go to Halfords or any cycle shop, they will probably give you a box.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I can now sort out postage for this for anybody interested. I had a few PMs from people that were interested in having it sent but unfortunately they have disappeared from my PM box for some reason, so apologies.