Why become a member? ×

Customer service is alive and well

paulie

I recently purchased an Epifani Cab from the Gallery in London

It was the 310 UL model

Great cab and as usual Alex organized a swift delivery

However due to the rough handling of the courier company the plastic protective corners at the bottom corners of the amp arrived broken. They were still screwed in place but they were cracked and falling apart.

So just for the hell of it I decided to write to Epifani and let them know what had happened on the off chance that they may have some spares which they would be willing to send on to me.

Within 12 hours of me sending the email I had a reply from the man himself Joe Epifani telling me he was sorry for the damage and that he would dispatch a new set of corners. He also thanked me for buying one of his cabs and asked me about Ireland and the music scene etc.
The corners never arrived and I figured that this guy was just too busy running a company to have remembered such a small thing. However, I decided to pop him another mail and let him now the situation.

He again responded almost immediately and said he had plum forgotten to send them and that before mailing me back he had actually gone to the post office himself and posted them. He asked me to let him know when they arrived

Well they arrived safe and sound yesterday. A man true to his word

I mailed him to thank him and again he replied thanking me for the business and offering to be of assistance if I ever needed anything

This guy is the head of one of the best bass amp companies out there yet he still went out of his way for some plastic corners

I am well impressed

I too had great service from Joe. When i had to re wire and change drivers in my brand new UL212 he sent me all the relevant bits of wire, twice, as the first lot had the wrong connectors on the ends of them.
Great service from a company that made a high end cab in the dark, without tools by the look of it.

Great to hear stories with a good end.
When i bought my Warwick back in 89 it had an electronic fault. Sent free of cost to Warwick and was returned fully repaired with a very apologetic letter in broken English with sweatshirts, t shirts, strings and various bits and bobs like pens etc.
I still have the very faded sweatshirt to this day. :lol:
Its a bit tighter now - must have shrunk in the wash :)
I was hugely impressed at that time.

Dave