Why become a member? ×

Fender deluxe active Precision Specia

zedcar

Hi all

Just a piece of advice wanted please........

I'm selling one of these:

http://www.gak.co.uk/en/fender-active-p-bass-special-black-rosewood/15787

18 months old - selling it in South London - and wanted £450 for it. Trying to sell it on Gumtree and (very surprised that) I've not had a sniff of interest.

Am I asking too much? Not put it on eBay yet but that's looking like the next step.

Cheers in advance

Z

First impression is that the price looks ok depending upon condition etc. Advertise it on here (there is nowhere better). Take some quality photos, full description (hard case/gig bag included, modifications, damage) and state where you're based. Reason for selling can also help. Be prepared to post. It should cost less than 20 quid just make sure it is packaged well. In the past I have been to Halfords to cadge an old bike box, wrapped well in bubble wrap and used both parcelforce & UPS without any issues. Oh, and be prepared for trade offers :)

Best of luck with the sale

Well as a guideline Coda Music have one of these up for grabs 2nd hand at £500, so as long as the asking price was a little less than than that, and it was/is at £450, I`m sure someone on here would give it a nice home.

Write a good ad, put some good photos up, and also weigh it if possible - many like to know how their back will love/hate their new bass. If it comes with a case of any sorts, state that, and look into shipping costs - collection only can put off potential buyers if they are too far away.

Good luck with the sale.

Hi

It's a Mexican bass. Black with gold scratchplate with maple neck. Aside from that, the technical details (I'm not a huge bass techie by the way) is as on the GAK description.

It's got a gig bag with it and I've just had it restrung and a brand new Fender bridge fitted.

I actually live in the NW, however my brother (who lives in SE London) has taken the bass down there with him on the assumption that we'd sell it pretty quickly so I can't really ask him to send it out - I'd rather it was collected in person to be honest.

Z

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...