Why become a member? ×

New DHA VT1 EQ demo video

hamfist

I am really impressed with this new pedal (bought from this forum). Still working out how to get the very best from it but here's a, decent sound quality, demo for you all.

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYpdDY3dMxo"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYpdDY3dMxo[/url]

[quote name='hamfist' timestamp='1329668336' post='1545551']
I am really impressed with this new pedal (bought from this forum). Still working out how to get the very best from it but here's a, decent sound quality, demo for you all.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYpdDY3dMxo[/media]
[/quote]

many thanks, love it

will add a link on the website tomorrow

[quote name='uncle psychosis' timestamp='1329677150' post='1545756']
Sounds good. I'd quite like to hear what it sounds like with less gain though! Any chance of some low gain clips?
[/quote]

Hey Unc !

The vid took me a couple of hours to put together. Not sure when I can get myself together again to do another. What exactly are you looking for ? The gain at 0:22 is about as low as it gets without sounding exactly the same as the amp with the pedal off. Are you looking for examples of more EQ-type changes at that level of gain ? I could put together an audio clip much quicker than a video if you can guide me as to what you are looking for,

Edited by hamfist

[quote name='hamfist' timestamp='1329685435' post='1545992']
Hey Unc !

The vid took me a couple of hours to put together. Not sure when I can get myself together again to do another. What exactly are you looking for ? The gain at 0:22 is about as low as it gets without sounding exactly the same as the amp with the pedal off. Are you looking for examples of more EQ-type changes at that level of gain ? I could put together an audio clip much quicker than a video if you can guide me as to what you are looking for,
[/quote]

Well, I was basically wondering how it worked as a "clean" preamp. I don't tend to use distorted sounds very much you see.

I'm beginning to think this isn't the pedal for me after all, if thats as clean as it gets...hmm.

[quote name='uncle psychosis' timestamp='1329695393' post='1546193']
Well, I was basically wondering how it worked as a "clean" preamp. I don't tend to use distorted sounds very much you see.

I'm beginning to think this isn't the pedal for me after all, if thats as clean as it gets...hmm.
[/quote]

I use it as a clean boost / warming up pedal with my Jazz with flats and GK amp. It can be done!

Although, to be brutally honest, something tells me that a simpler (i.e. cheaper!) method is available for those just wanting what I use it for.

[/quote]

Ah, OK. So to be used into a power amp or straight into a computer for example ? I could certainly do a clip DI-ing it straight into my computer to mimic that sort of use.

It does have a range of clean tones. As you cn see from my vid, with my (relatively low output) J bass, with the input level knob set at 3 o'clock, it still isn't really breaking up significantly until the gain knob is getting up to about 2 o'clock. So the whole gain dial up to 2 o'clock will be pretty clean, just with differing levels of compression and subtle increasing harmonics (I guess)

[/quote]

its not intended to be a hifi clean, more to add valve warmth from "valve clean" to crunch tones. I do non valve, clean pre-amps as well which have the same EQ and Di sections.

Dave

[quote name='DHA' timestamp='1329730020' post='1546336']
its not intended to be a hifi clean, more to add valve warmth from "valve clean" to crunch tones. I do non valve, clean pre-amps as well which have the same EQ and Di sections.

Dave
[/quote]

Dave ... stop wasting all this time posting on forums !!! and get on with making my VT2 !!!!!! (only joking, of course, it's great that you are an active member here)

"Dave ... stop wasting all this time posting on forums !!! and get on with making my VT2 !!!!!! (only joking, of course, it's great that you are an active member here)"

good point, well made!

I have added a link of the YouTube demo on the website, many thanks again

Dave

Edited by DHA

[quote name='hamfist' timestamp='1329724366' post='1546276']
Ah, OK. So to be used into a power amp or straight into a computer for example ? I could certainly do a clip DI-ing it straight into my computer to mimic that sort of use.

It does have a range of clean tones. As you cn see from my vid, with my (relatively low output) J bass, with the input level knob set at 3 o'clock, it still isn't really breaking up significantly until the gain knob is getting up to about 2 o'clock. So the whole gain dial up to 2 o'clock will be pretty clean, just with differing levels of compression and subtle increasing harmonics (I guess)
[/quote]
[quote name='DHA' timestamp='1329730020' post='1546336']

Dave
[/quote]

Thanks guys. Most of the time I want a nice clean sound but it would be nice to have the option of some grit now and again though. However it looks like the VT1 isn't really clean enough for me. I think what I need is a Twin-DI-EQ---I want the headphone amp and line in features too y'see...

[quote name='uncle psychosis' timestamp='1329743362' post='1546555']
Thanks guys. Most of the time I want a nice clean sound but it would be nice to have the option of some grit now and again though. However it looks like the VT1 isn't really clean enough for me. I think what I need is a Twin-DI-EQ---I want the headphone amp and line in features too y'see...
[/quote]

Just FYI, the VT1 EQ also has the headphone amp and line in features.

Nice video - I have been using this pedal/pre amp now solidly for over 2 years and its just CLASS!!! No other word for it.

I use it in a Who tribute band and it gets the 'live at leeds' sound perfectly. As the video shows if more gain is needed then it handles it easilly. I use it as a valve preamp, so for 90% of the set it is set at low-ISH gain, and cant say enough good things about it. Ive often used it without an amp, just an XLR into the desk, at venues from pubs to O2 academys and been impressed everytime.

My (no longer) secret weapon. Thank you Dave.

Andy

Agreed. The DI out is very nice. Clean, no noise and a great representation of the tone the pedal is putting out through it's jack output to the amp. With decent foldback and a sound engineer who knows what they are doing, I'd have no hesitation at using this as an ampless rig in a live situation.

[/quote]

I haven't heard the clip yet, I'll have to wait until I'm at home for that. But if it's based on the VT1 and has similar ability to produce clean sounds... I would not discard it yet. I only played with my VT1 a few minutes last night, but there is a LOT of clean and cleanish room on that pedal.

edit: you are welcome to come over and try the VT-1, especially if you bring that black Jazz with you ;)

Edited by mcnach

[quote name='mcnach' timestamp='1330006180' post='1551276']
I haven't heard the clip yet, I'll have to wait until I'm at home for that. But if it's based on the VT1 and has similar ability to produce clean sounds... I would not discard it yet. I only played with my VT1 a few minutes last night, but there is a LOT of clean and cleanish room on that pedal.

edit: you are welcome to come over and try the VT-1, especially if you bring that black Jazz with you ;)
[/quote]

Good to know---I have one in the post :gas:

Thanks for the offer re: trying one out. I quite fancy a go of your G&L too! I've been toying with the idea of selling that jazz btw---I love it but not convinced I *need* a backup. You've still got first dibs B)

[quote name='uncle psychosis' timestamp='1330024712' post='1551710']
Good to know---I have one in the post :gas:

Thanks for the offer re: trying one out. I quite fancy a go of your G&L too! I've been toying with the idea of selling that jazz btw---I love it but not convinced I *need* a backup. You've still got first dibs B)
[/quote]

Good choice. :)
I tried my VT-1 last night at rehearsal and it was very nice. I want another now, or a VT-2, to have two settings: one cleanish and one with some grit on it... GAS, terrible thing.

G&L: if you want to try it, it can be arranged

black Jazz: I do not "need" another Jazz, but if the day comes I'd still be interested. ;)