Why become a member? ×

Squier 20th Anniversary Precision, now only £110

gary mac

Squier 20th Anniversary Precision Bass. Limited edition 2002 affinity four string model, finished in blue.

I know that the Affinity range might be a bit low brow for Bass Chat but this is a surprisingly good bass, so prior to putting it on EBay I thought I would see if any there was any interest on here.

I’ve not gigged it but at home practise volume it sounds great.

The truss rod works perfectly. The neck is good and free from dinks/dents. The fretwork is all good and there are no dead spots. I have cleaned the fret board and applied lemon oil. It is set up with a nice low action and is wearing a set of Fender Steel 45-105 strings, used but with plenty of life left in them. They sound really punchy but have lost that new zing.

The condition of the body is generally good, although there are a few dings and scrapes which should be visible in the photos.

The volume and tone controls function perfectly and are crackle free. The knobs are flat topped chunky fender type as opposed to the dome top ones normally associated with these instruments.

The hardware although basic, functions as it should and there is no damage or visible wear.

The pick guard is single ply white and has a couple of cracks which should be visible in the photos.

I was intending to swap out the hardware and pimp this bass but I’ve now decided to leave it as it is and sell it on. Given that we are about to start some much needed home improvements I’m not going to have the time for this sort of project for a while and I can’t justify having another P bass knocking about the house.

There is an American Ebayer trying to sell a similar one to this for about £390, which I think is a bit on the optimistic side, even though it is an anniversary model and presumably slightly more desirable/collectable.

I was thinking of around [s]£145.00 [/s]but willing to consider offers.

Price dropped to[s] £135.00[/s].[s] [b]£130.00[/b] [/s] [b]NOW ONLY £110.00[/b][b]. [/b]If it doesnt go to a new bass chat home in the next few days, I think I will be keeping it and maybe pimping it after all.

I’m in Hertfordshire.

Anyone interested in viewing and a coffee get in touch.

Cash upon collection preferred. I can accept paypal but would rather not due to the fees. A bank transfer would be fine.

Of course shipping can be arranged at additional cost.[attachment=100283:013.JPG][attachment=100285:015.JPG][attachment=100287:023.JPG][attachment=100288:024.JPG][attachment=100289:026.JPG][attachment=100290:027.JPG][attachment=100291:028.JPG][attachment=100292:030.JPG][attachment=100291:028.JPG][attachment=100292:030.JPG][attachment=100293:031.JPG][attachment=100292:030.JPG]

Edited by gary mac

[quote name='roonjuice' timestamp='1329759037' post='1546892']
Mate, Nothing wrong with a good squire, Infact, as a professional engineer, the best precision i ever heard was an off the peg, un-modified 2003 squier.It absolutely monstered my 77p and i have heard many a P!!!
[/quote]

I know that some of them are good but that's amazing to hear.

Nothing wrong with these guitars at all Gary, I've got two. The only offputting thing is the tuners. People detest these closed tuners. I'm a fan of them, but the consensus is that they are cheap and mass produced trash and this somehow reflects on the guitar. I think you are spot on with the price you should get a sale eventually. £110-£120 would gaurantee a quicker sale but that's up to you. Good luck with the sale and if I didn't have a pair Already I'd have made a cheeky offer.