Why become a member? ×

Going full circle

paul_5

Anybody else come full circle with their effects? I started out (many weeks ago) with a DOD FX25, Russian Big Muff and a few other bits and pieces. Last year I think I went through about 10 different fuzz/overdrive pedals and I've had 5 different filters - many of which have been fairly high-end stuff. Today I bought a DOD FX25 from eBay to go next to my 2nd Russian muff.

The difference is that now i play active basses, so the sounds that were in my head when I started dabbling with effects are now coming out of my speakers.

Has anybody else had a similar experience where you had it 'right first time' but didn't realise it?

I was just thinking about this the other day. I picked up a fuzz recently that I owned and sold on last year, and im thinking about getting another preamp I used to own too. I think some pedals seem right on paper or with clips through other peoples gear, but its never quite the same in person or when actually tried in a band mix. Sometimes im just fickle though and fancy trying something new, only to come back to what I know worked for me.

I've been seriously using effects for less than a year, so I haven't had time for that yet! But it seems that after owning/selling a horrible Digitegh BP80 thing, and subsequently avoiding multi-effect systems for most of my bass-playing life, I'm actually gassing pretty hard for Zoom's latest offering!

Yep, with my 3Leaf Groove Regulator. I had a Boss AW-3, EHX Microsynth, Proton and MXR M82 after just to discover that i got it right at first. Good thing is that i never sold my GR so everything else ended up being sold (except for the MXR that i'm currently selling :lol: - i just had to take the oportunity).

The OD/Distortion/Fuzz was a different situation, i started with the ODB-3, got a MB distorsore, a behringer VT-911, another ODB-3, a EHX BBM, a Fulltone Bass Drive Mosfet, a clone of the same Fulltone, and now i'm happilly giging a Wren&Cuff Pickle Pie B and this was one of the first two pedals i had GAS for before starting to buy the others (just out of curiosity the other was the Earthbound Supercollider)!!! :lol:

The rest of my pedals (tuner - pitchblack; comp - multicomp; octave - MXR M88) i got it right the first time also and never had a strong will to change any.

Summing up it seems that in a way i got it right the first time but trying different gear is so fun!!!