Why become a member? ×

£SOLD - German Warwick Corvette Standard Passive

Evil Undead

I just got this recently in but I've realised I need a car more than another bass :(

It's a fantastic bass - slim wenge neck, wenge fretboard, bell brass frets. Has the lowest action of any bass I've ever played and just feels great. Has a beautiful tone as well, very woody and growly.

It's not in the best cosmetic condition - has some dings and scratches here and there but I quite like the used look. There are also a couple of dings in the neck, but nothing that affects playability at all, at least not for me. But, viewing and testing is welcome.

One more thing - unfortunately the serial number is all but gone. You can make out an E at the start at a 97 at the end, so it was made in May 97, but the rest is gone. I have no idea when or how that happened, but it was like it when I got it.

For £280, this is a great German made Warwick, and a bit of a bargain :) and I'll include a gig bag.

Collect from Gloucester

Edit - I forgot to say there are recessed strap lock buttons in the bass and I have strap lock buttons that fit (dunlop)

Edited by Evil Undead

[quote name='cm261' timestamp='1329343266' post='1541127']
Have it picked up from work? Doesn't need to be picked up from you, just someone, somewhere...
[/quote]

I've explored all the options, believe me. Work won't allow it, neighbours can't, parents and friends too far away, I have no car... etc.

[quote name='Evil Undead' timestamp='1329343595' post='1541139']
I've explored all the options, believe me. Work won't allow it, neighbours can't, parents and friends too far away, I have no car... etc.
[/quote]

Work won't allow it??? Wow, not cool...

Well, anyway, free bump for a very well priced bass. Would end up buying it myself if I hadn't just purchased a MIM Jazz (due Friday :D )

[quote name='cm261' timestamp='1329348489' post='1541267']

Work won't allow it??? Wow, not cool...

Well, anyway, free bump for a very well priced bass. Would end up buying it myself if I hadn't just purchased a MIM Jazz (due Friday :D )
[/quote]

I know. I don't know why but ah well. Rules is rules.

Thanks mate. It's a great price, I can't understand why it's still here!

I'm willing to entertain trades for a Fender of some sort.

[quote name='Kev' timestamp='1329580366' post='1544491']
You just won't find another bass for this or double this price that will match it, the wenge nacks are just fantastic. Idea of replacing this with a Fender is criminal! bump for an awesome instrument!
[/quote]

[quote name='leftyhook' timestamp='1329581621' post='1544512']
That's a mad price!!!!!!!
I just bought Corvette from BC and it's a great piece of musical art. This is £100 cheaper than mine (no complaints about the my price whatsoever, worth every penny)

Come on people, get with the Warwick train at a very very low price!!!!!!
[/quote]

Thanks guys! I know, I can't believe it's still here. It's a very low price for a great bass!

£280 is criminal! dont want to cast a dark cloud on anyone getting an absolute steal, but for goodness sake dont drop any lower! Great sounding bass that is in danger of dropping to the price of a much lower standard bass.

Maybe you could offer instalments option, releasing the bass when the funds are complete? I almost did that with my recent Corvette purchase (all agreed and set up with seller) until I came up with the total at the last minute.

[quote name='Evil Undead' timestamp='1329870433' post='1549041']
Thanks guys :)

This one is now sold pending payment/collection.
[/quote]cool
well, whoever bought it should be in for a treat.
good luck with a car. I just had to write one off. I know I wont have to do that with my basses!

[quote name='megallica' timestamp='1329933516' post='1550022']
£280 for a German Corvette - I paid more for my old Corvette and the seller had drilled a new hole so he could move the volume control!
It's definately a buyers market at the moment
[/quote]

It really is. Such a shame there are so few buyers around!