Why become a member? ×

£SOLD - German Warwick Corvette Standard Passive

Evil Undead

I just got this recently in but I've realised I need a car more than another bass :(

It's a fantastic bass - slim wenge neck, wenge fretboard, bell brass frets. Has the lowest action of any bass I've ever played and just feels great. Has a beautiful tone as well, very woody and growly.

It's not in the best cosmetic condition - has some dings and scratches here and there but I quite like the used look. There are also a couple of dings in the neck, but nothing that affects playability at all, at least not for me. But, viewing and testing is welcome.

One more thing - unfortunately the serial number is all but gone. You can make out an E at the start at a 97 at the end, so it was made in May 97, but the rest is gone. I have no idea when or how that happened, but it was like it when I got it.

For £280, this is a great German made Warwick, and a bit of a bargain :) and I'll include a gig bag.

Collect from Gloucester

Edit - I forgot to say there are recessed strap lock buttons in the bass and I have strap lock buttons that fit (dunlop)

Edited by Evil Undead

[quote name='cm261' timestamp='1329343266' post='1541127']
Have it picked up from work? Doesn't need to be picked up from you, just someone, somewhere...
[/quote]

I've explored all the options, believe me. Work won't allow it, neighbours can't, parents and friends too far away, I have no car... etc.

[quote name='Evil Undead' timestamp='1329343595' post='1541139']
I've explored all the options, believe me. Work won't allow it, neighbours can't, parents and friends too far away, I have no car... etc.
[/quote]

Work won't allow it??? Wow, not cool...

Well, anyway, free bump for a very well priced bass. Would end up buying it myself if I hadn't just purchased a MIM Jazz (due Friday :D )

[quote name='cm261' timestamp='1329348489' post='1541267']

Work won't allow it??? Wow, not cool...

Well, anyway, free bump for a very well priced bass. Would end up buying it myself if I hadn't just purchased a MIM Jazz (due Friday :D )
[/quote]

I know. I don't know why but ah well. Rules is rules.

Thanks mate. It's a great price, I can't understand why it's still here!

I'm willing to entertain trades for a Fender of some sort.

You just won't find another bass for this or double this price that will match it, the wenge nacks are just fantastic. Idea of replacing this with a Fender is criminal! bump for an awesome instrument!

[quote name='Kev' timestamp='1329580366' post='1544491']
You just won't find another bass for this or double this price that will match it, the wenge nacks are just fantastic. Idea of replacing this with a Fender is criminal! bump for an awesome instrument!
[/quote]

[quote name='leftyhook' timestamp='1329581621' post='1544512']
That's a mad price!!!!!!!
I just bought Corvette from BC and it's a great piece of musical art. This is £100 cheaper than mine (no complaints about the my price whatsoever, worth every penny)

Come on people, get with the Warwick train at a very very low price!!!!!!
[/quote]

Thanks guys! I know, I can't believe it's still here. It's a very low price for a great bass!

£280 is criminal! dont want to cast a dark cloud on anyone getting an absolute steal, but for goodness sake dont drop any lower! Great sounding bass that is in danger of dropping to the price of a much lower standard bass.

Maybe you could offer instalments option, releasing the bass when the funds are complete? I almost did that with my recent Corvette purchase (all agreed and set up with seller) until I came up with the total at the last minute.

[quote name='Evil Undead' timestamp='1329870433' post='1549041']
Thanks guys :)

This one is now sold pending payment/collection.
[/quote]cool
well, whoever bought it should be in for a treat.
good luck with a car. I just had to write one off. I know I wont have to do that with my basses!

[quote name='megallica' timestamp='1329933516' post='1550022']
£280 for a German Corvette - I paid more for my old Corvette and the seller had drilled a new hole so he could move the volume control!
It's definately a buyers market at the moment
[/quote]

It really is. Such a shame there are so few buyers around!