Why become a member? ×

My two

Rayman

Thanks for that.

The Villex pups are amazing. Massive output while remaining passive. Big lows, with a fabulous dub sound, smooth and warm, better than my Precision was with its Quarterpounders, and crisp, clear highs. You can punch through the live mix with the mid control, but I like to back the mid off a bit. You can't have the pickup volumes on full it's just mad loud, so again, I back both pickups off a bit.

I used it live a couple of nights ago, and the bass tone just filled the sound out so much more than before, even the band have commented on it being the best sounding bass I've ever had. It's not what I'd call a traditional jazz type growl, not like Lindy Fralins, but it produces a modern twist on the jazz sound, and the range of tones available is stunning, just by turning the pots a tiny bit, the sound changes a lot, so less is more when dialling up your EQ.

Cheers fellas, Yes they're both mint at the moment. I intend to "look after" the ray in that respect, but the jazz is a workhorse, and hopefully in time, it'll pick up a bit of wear and tear, just how I like them.

[quote name='lukeward2004' post='25019' date='Jun 29 2007, 05:19 PM']Nice - she has character![/quote]

Yeah,and scratches,dings and dents!

I love it when about 5-6 years back it was not cool to be using Fenders. It never let me down,We've been through an awful lot together,the Scratchplate isnt stock (I remember fileing out the neck pocket to get it to fit in a shop I work for in Guiseley on a sunday) the pickups been replaced as has the nut and jack. The ends of the fingerboard are worn from slapping,and ive had the frets stoned twice.

Workhorse.