Why become a member? ×

orange taste behringer budget

dandoom

ok
i had an Ad200 head loved it to bits but an unexpected debt popped up and the only thing of any value i had was above head :( I know i know im a twat im still crying now
What would be the cheapest way to get close to that overdriven 70's vibe
seen the terrors are they any good ?
or any real good preamps i could run through a power amp
Reccomendations please

[quote name='Mr. Foxen' timestamp='1328656616' post='1530914']
Bugera 1960 is a Marshall master volume clone, will do a driven valve thing pretty well, including the important power section bit you won't get with the hybrids.
[/quote] isn't that bugera a guitar amp? if so how would it perform with a bass? I'm interested as its not mega money too
also the terror looks pretty cool but not sure it'll satisfy me fully as its still solid state

[quote name='dandoom' timestamp='1328712840' post='1531524']
isn't that bugera a guitar amp? if so how would it perform with a bass? I'm interested as its not mega money too
also the terror looks pretty cool but not sure it'll satisfy me fully as its still solid state
[/quote]

Its a clone of something that is fine for bass, there is a massive thread on Talkbass, with the very rare circumstance of posts from people that have acually used one. I'm kind of keen to have a go with one (two) but I'd probably swap out the valves since it is a modern amp.

Older British valve heads from the less fashionable makers can be good value, especially the PA versions, though prices are creeping up. There's also the risk of expensive work being needed if you're not the DIY sort. Most of them will be 100 watts (with a few exceptions), which works well for me, but is a bit less power than the Orange. Fine if you've got plenty of cab though...

[quote name='Beer of the Bass' timestamp='1328723043' post='1531727']
Older British valve heads from the less fashionable makers can be good value, especially the PA versions, though prices are creeping up. There's also the risk of expensive work being needed if you're not the DIY sort. Most of them will be 100 watts (with a few exceptions), which works well for me, but is a bit less power than the Orange. Fine if you've got plenty of cab though...
[/quote]

Sorry, I already bought all of these. All of them.