Why become a member? ×

Why is my d string quiet?

fender73

Check that the connections inside the bass haven't dislodged? My Wal, if the case falls over, can sometimes lose one or two string volumes if the neck pick up or bridge pick up connections have disconnected slightly. Maybe that Warwicks are the same?
Just looked inside my Corvette and the little white connectors from the end of the pots could possible come loose.

It's a possibility, otherwise take it to a guitar tech. I state the obvious!

Edited by leftyhook

Could it be the general acoustics of the room.
Is it something you notice if you move to another part of the room ?

I've noticed this when using an Ampeg 8x10 cab that some frequencies tend to sound quieter. Yet using my Bergs sited at same place as Ampeg its even across the board.

Would a compressor maybe help.

Dave

Only concern here is that you've never noticed it before.
Assuming bass set up hasn't changed and using same amp then apart from a dodgy string or not seated properly at bridge i'm a bit puzzled.
Could it be you've now focused on something that probably no-one else notices. ?

Are you standing in same position as previous rehearsals.

One issue i had with my 6 string was the B string always sounded quieter and less attack. Couldn't quite nail it until i put on an Elixir tapered end on the B string and problem solved.
Maybe try different strings.

Dave

[quote name='dmccombe7' timestamp='1328702860' post='1531312']
Assuming bass set up hasn't changed and using same amp then apart from a dodgy string or not seated properly at bridge i'm a bit puzzled.
[/quote]

BINGO - i noticed last night when i pulled the bass out of it's case that the D wasn't seated in the groove. I cant believe i didn't notice when i was using the bass.

Thanks everyone for your suggestions.