Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Radiohead

steve-soar

[quote name='BigBeefChief' post='172248' date='Apr 8 2008, 02:26 PM']I have them inflicted on me by others. Sadistic b*stards.

But even before listening to their music, I knew I would hate Radiohead. A pretentious tosser like Yorke could never make music that I enjoy.[/quote]

Quiet, you.

[quote name='BigBeefChief' post='172266' date='Apr 8 2008, 02:39 PM']Sorry, its not like me to hijack a thread and turn it into a "I Hate" rant.[/quote]

Yes, quite out of character!

My point was that Radiohead have sold a hell of a lot of albums, and they probably wouldn't have done if they didn't write music that people like listening to.

Why is Thom Yorke Pretentious by the way? I've never seen any interviews or anything.

He's one of these guys who tries to act as quirky and uncommunicative as possible during interviews so that people think he's "interesting" and "intellectual". What he does say is usually preaching about fairtrade coffee or howling into a microphone whilst playing one of his terrible songs on stage.

He's the sort of bloke that stands in front of the mirror trying to look and act as weird as possible before going out because he somehow thinks it makes him look cool.

Well Mr Yorke, I can see through your act. The whole mock-autism thing is offensive to those who actually have to live with autism, and if you care so much for the environment, stop touring, stop making records and stop living.

[quote name='BigBeefChief' post='172318' date='Apr 8 2008, 03:24 PM']Well Mr Yorke, I can see through your act. The whole mock-autism thing is offensive to those who actually have to live with autism, and if you care so much for the environment, stop touring, stop making records and stop living.[/quote]

:) Pure BBC Gold

I reckon he's genuinley weird you know. His music's weird enough for me to beleive the "act".

I can see your predicament and I sympathise. I appreciate that on this forum many (most?) members look to me for guidance. Just for you Cantdosleepy here is a list of approved artists that you can listen to without fear of upsetting me. There are more, but these should see you through a few cold and lonely nights:

The Who
The Jam
Oasis
The Clash
AC/DC
The Stone Roses
Guns 'n' Roses
Dolly Parton
The Kinks
Black Sabbath
Marvin Gaye
Led Zeppelin
Neil Young
Sex Pistols
David Bowie (early)
Most Motown
The Beatles (some)
Rod Stewart
Jimmy Buffett
Elvis (some)
The Rolling Stones

And here are some things that you definitley can't listen to:

Jazz (ANY)
Jamiroquai
Radiohead
Keane
Metallica
Blink182
Offspring
Dream Theatre
Muse
Bowling for Soup
Alien Ant Farm
The Smashing Pumpkins
Manic Street Preachers
SlipKnot
Rage Against the Machines
Marilyn Manson
Fun Lovin Criminals
Mark King
King Crimson
Cream
Anything that could be considered "Nu Rave"
Any band with a name invented to upset parents.

I've kept the second list short to prove I'm not a negative person.

Heh, BBC, you have such bad taste! Guns 'n' Roses!!! :) Dolly Parton!!!!!! :huh:

I still think you'd love the premature ejaculators. We'll have the album finished in a couple of weeks. I'll post you a free one in return for at least 12 months amusing forum posts.

[quote name='BigBeefChief' post='172385' date='Apr 8 2008, 04:31 PM']GnR are amazing, and Dolly Parton - what a songwriter. I'd still giver her one, even now.[/quote]

Is there anyone you wouldn't?

I could see you saying yes for the Queen, so I won't even ask, same for Maggie Thatcher, perhaps Jade Goody you'd say no to?

[quote name='BigBeefChief' post='172378' date='Apr 8 2008, 04:13 PM'][b]Black Sabbath
Sex Pistols
[/b]

[b]
[/b][/quote]

*brain caught in paradoxxxxxxxxxxxghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh*

Edited by Cantdosleepy

Ahh, but that depends who your parents are and what era they were born. I should have said invented to upset TODAY's parents. Apologies.

For a young pup like me, Black Sabbath and Sex pistols are a no more offensive name to my parents than The Starlight Vocal Band.

I'm talking about bands with names such as Anal Puke, Nunnery Rape Orgy and Satans Hairy C*nt.

Personally, i think Radiohead are fantastic and a real credit to modern music. Ok Computer is of course an alltime classic and i don't think it's far from being one of the best albums of the 20th Century, but my personal favourite is Hail To The Thief, that's a great album and has some meaty basslines for sure. I'm going to see them in Manchester in June and i can't wait :) !
Rich

[quote name='BigBeefChief' post='172378' date='Apr 8 2008, 04:13 PM']And here are some things that you definitley can't listen to:

Jazz (ANY)
Jamiroquai
Radiohead
Keane
Metallica
Blink182
Offspring
Dream Theatre
Muse
Bowling for Soup
Alien Ant Farm
The Smashing Pumpkins
Manic Street Preachers
SlipKnot
Rage Against the Machines
Marilyn Manson
Fun Lovin Criminals
Mark King
King Crimson
Cream
Anything that could be considered "Nu Rave"

I've kept the second list short to prove I'm not a negative person.[/quote]

It is quite funny how many of those bands in that list which i really like. And no that's not the Nu-Metal before anyone starts! Come on though, MUSE, RADIOHEAD! What's not to like?!

[quote name='BigBeefChief' post='172385' date='Apr 8 2008, 04:31 PM']GnR are amazing, and Dolly Parton - what a songwriter. I'd still giver her one, even now.[/quote]
Oh God. You are not very well at all are you?

However, I think Dolly would run a mile (although it might take a while)

I'm with the BigBeefChief on this one... (Apart from his lack of taste where jazz is concerned!)

I listened (or at least tried) to the RadioHead tracks from the Jonathan Ross show on YouTube & didn't make it through a single one of them. The singer couldn't hold a tune in a bucket & I could teach a total moron to play those basslines in 30 mins flat. So not very musically challenging & a dreadfully depressing durge to boot!

Oh dear, I sound like my Dad!

Oh yes, the point of the thread... Yes, the sound mix quality was lovely for tv studio stuff. Pity about the content, that's all :)

Edited by OutToPlayJazz

[quote name='OutToPlayJazz' post='173432' date='Apr 9 2008, 08:46 PM']I'm with the BigBeefChief on this one... (Apart from his lack of taste where jazz is concerned!)

I listened (or at least tried) to the RadioHead tracks from the Jonathan Ross show on YouTube & didn't make it through a single one of them. [b]The singer couldn't hold a tune in a bucket & I could teach a total moron to play those basslines in 30 mins flat. So not very musically challenging & a dreadfully depressing durge to boot![/b]

Oh dear, I sound like my Dad!

Oh yes, the point of the thread... Yes, the sound mix quality was lovely for tv studio stuff. Pity about the content, that's all :)[/quote]

*Bangs head on desk*

[quote name='BigBeefChief' post='172378' date='Apr 8 2008, 04:13 PM']I can see your predicament and I sympathise. I appreciate that on this forum many (most?) members look to me for guidance. Just for you Cantdosleepy here is a list of approved artists that you can listen to without fear of upsetting me. There are more, but these should see you through a few cold and lonely nights:

Cream

I've kept the second list short to prove I'm not a negative person.[/quote]
I'm pretty much with you except for Cream, who did some jolly good music. Not all of it, some of it (like "Sunshine of your love") hasn't worn terribly well.

I would add:

Approved list - R&B

Reject list - r&b

and I think it's terribly selfish of the young generation to appropriate a term used for Real Music and apply it to bland warbley sh*te. Get your own bloody terms, feckless lazy ignorant youth of today, and leave ours for us to apply to Proper Musicians.

Oh, and

Approved list - Queen (early and late)

Reject list - Queen (middle)