Why become a member? ×

Can anyone read Russian?

Bucket Head

bought one of these a few years ago, the one in the very right pic (altho i have no idea how he got the pic ha). but as u can see the grapics and writing are very faded but are the same as the words on the pedal in the very first pic on the left.

i know its a bit of a long shot but i wonderd if anyone knows russian, and could possible translate the writeing on the first pic on the left?

thanks in advance innit

http://www.effectsdatabase.com/model/elektronika/narrowbox/jetfazer

The big lettering is Jet Fazer.
Not sure of the left hand knob but the others, l-r, are resonance, distortion and sustain.
Left hand switch is phaser/vibrato as badgerific says. Right hand switch is something like soft/hard.

I can read the Cyrillic alphabet reasonably, but my actual Russian skills are practically non existent. Fortunately most of these are just transliterations of English words!

Edited by velvetkevorkian

if you transliterate the cyrillic into the latin alphabet using something like [url="http://www.friends-partners.org/oldfriends/language/russian-alphabet.GIF"]this[/url] a lot of russian can be guessed at
[quote name='EdwardHimself' timestamp='1327839188' post='1517383']
In soviet russia, fx pedal stomps on YOU!

Sorry couldn't resist lol. Coat...
[/quote]

POST OF THE DAY !

[quote name='badgerific' timestamp='1327837903' post='1517346']
Since the pedal is called a jet phaser I would assume the big writing says jet phaser, and if it is the first switch looks like it chooses between phase and vibrato. Other than that I wouldn't have a clue to even guess. Looks awesome though, does it sound nice?
[/quote]

Ye man it sounds rad, ive got a roland jet phaser as well and i think this one sounds better than that altho thats obviosuly sick aswell. ive been meaning to do a video testing the sounds cos a couple of people have asked.

Cheers velvetkev, sick skills on the russian mate. but yea cheers to all for takeing the time to look, ive done a little paint picture marking it all out so its been a bit help, its always useful to know what ur switching ha.

[quote name='EdwardHimself' timestamp='1327839188' post='1517383']
In soviet russia, fx pedal stomps on YOU!
Sorry couldn't resist lol. Coat...
[/quote]

thats why this things so big, like a pair of shoes

but yea again Cheeeeeeeeeeeeeers all much appreciated!!!!!!!

Courtesy of my brothers girlfriend.

Скорость - speed,
резонанс -resonance,
фазер - phaser,
вибрато - vibration,
дисторшн - distortion,
сустейн - sustain -
мягко - soft,
резко - sharp,
(джет фазер - jet phaser)(pedal name)

Edited by JakeBrownBass

[quote name='JakeBrownBass' timestamp='1327850816' post='1517619']
Courtesy of my brothers girlfriend.

Скорость - speed,
резонанс -resonance,
фазер - phaser,
вибрато - vibration,
дисторшн - distortion,
сустейн - sustain -
мягко - soft,
резко - sharp,
(джет фазер - jet phaser)(pedal name)
[/quote]

Everyone knows russians except for me it seems ha, makes u proud to be in a multicultural society

yet again the basschat community goes the extra mile for me!!!

cheers guys its much appreciated

[quote name='Bucket Head' timestamp='1327841694' post='1517456']
Ye man it sounds rad, ive got a roland jet phaser as well and i think this one sounds better than that altho thats obviosuly sick aswell. ive been meaning to do a video testing the sounds cos a couple of people have asked.

Cheers velvetkev, sick skills on the russian mate. but yea cheers to all for takeing the time to look, ive done a little paint picture marking it all out so its been a bit help, its always useful to know what ur switching ha.

thats why this things so big, like a pair of shoes

but yea again Cheeeeeeeeeeeeeers all much appreciated!!!!!!!
[/quote]

Would definitely love to see a video of it, if you ever get chance to make it make sure you post it up here :)