Why become a member? ×

GONE! 1989 Spector NS2-b in White - £225 GONE!

Truckstop

Hello all,

Im putting my Korean made Spector NS2-b up for sale.
The keen eyed amongst you may have noticed that this is extraordinarily similar to the the one that Theo (Dosi Y'Anarchy) had up for sale last month, and you'd be right!
Im afraid that I've found that it's really not for me. I've found that I like my traditionally styled and ordinary sounding basses and it's just a bit too off the wall for me; which is a shame because I think it looks amazing, but I just feel a bit silly everytime I put it on!

So, it's in exactly the same condition as when I bought it for £225 only a few weeks ago, so here's a link to Theo's for sale thread (I hope you don't mind?) as his photos look great and there's loads of interesting and helpful information about the bass in the thread:

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/160883-sold/page__p__1473304__hl__spector__fromsearch__1#entry1473304"]http://basschat.co.u..._1#entry1473304[/url]

It's in pretty good condition as you can see from the photos. The neck is wonderful and all the notes ring true everywhere on the fretboard. It has a lovely jazz tone from the solo'd bridge pup and can also do a nice warm P thump from the neck pup. I would describe the neck as having more jazz dimensions than anything else, nice and fast!

I would like this to be picked up by its new owner, or, I'm happy to deliver this personally within 250 miles for a bit of petrol money and a cup of tea. I dont have anything to wrap it in and I don't like waiting around for couriers and neither do you!

I'm interested in a few trades. I really want another Ibanez Blazer; don't mind what condition it's in as long as it's in good playing order. Other vintage Yamaha and Ibanez trade offers will also be seriously considered. Again, not fussed about condition, but I'd like to be able to play it!
I'm also after either a 2x12 or 2x15 cabinet. Depending on whether my Fender Jazz 5 gets sold, I'll be able to put a bit of money towards a cab that costs more than the value of the Spector, but we'll see! Stuff like EBS MicrobassII, Sansamp BDI etc would also be quite cool, anything like that will be seriously considered.
Things like top quality gig bags (iGig etc) would be acceptable trade bait (+cash), nice straps, Auralex Gramma pads etc would also be good stuff to offer me. Need to get my rig nice and professional!

Thanks for reading so far and I look forward to your questions/offers!

Alex

Edited by Truckstop

You a bad man! Tempting me with such things... but alas, as much as that's a damn reasonable price my pennies are set aside for a 9er :) Also... you resprayed my jazz? :o how very dare you! Just so you all know, even though I'm sure you know anyway... This guy is definitely a good man to deal with. Good luck with the sales matey.

Russ.

The Spector has now been traded out!

Sorry Bramleyapple and Cocco for not getting in touch with you, I didnt get a chance to see this thread today so I missed your offers, sorry guys!

Cheers everyone for your offers, lots of interesting stuff thrown at me!

Alex