Why become a member? ×

Veillette Paris Fretless 4 (Price reduced again – £1200)

philw

All,

It's time for me to invest in a new Veillette demo bass so the "old" one has to go. This is a decidedly unusual Veillette Paris Fretless 4. It's a piezo pick-up only instrument so is aimed fair and square at the "acoustic" vibe end of the market (think Rob Allen or Rick Turner instruments). And it does the job brilliantly - a lovely warm rounded singing tone but with some bite if you play up by the bridge.

It has a poplar body with a maple neck, and a pau ferro (rosewood) fingerboard, tailpiece and bridge. The bridge has an ebony saddle insert. Unusually for an instrument of this type, the bridge is height adjustable. The neck is slim and very fast and the bass is uncannily resonant. It really does sing.

Currently it's fitted with LaBella nylon wrap strings but it'll take conventional strings if a brighter tone was needed. Electronics are a Fishman piezo with a D-Tar Wavelength 18v preamp. Controls are simply volume and tone. Weight is 7.5lbs and it balances perfectly on a strap.

The bass is around two years old and has been played only occasionally. It's never been gigged and it's in as-new condition. A new bass of this spec would now be around £2100 but, just as a Basschat deal, I'll let it go for [s]£1600[/s] £[s]1400[/s] £1200 including a nice Veillette branded gig bag.

I'll get some more pics up in the next few days, but if any questions occur please PM me.

Phil

[attachment=97974:Paris Bluebass.jpg]

Edited by philw

I know I promised more pictures, but the weather hasn't cheered up enough to take some shots outside. However, here's a youtube clip that'll give you a good idea what a Veillette Paris sounds like (when played by somebody that knows what they're doing - not me then).

http://youtu.be/OfIJrlTaMaM

Phil

Been out in the winter sunshine with the camera, so here's a bump for the long promised pictures.

[attachment=98893:Veillette Paris1.jpg]
[attachment=98894:Veillette Paris2.jpg]
[attachment=98895:Veillette Paris3.jpg]
[attachment=98896:Veillette Paris4.jpg]
[attachment=98897:Veillette Paris5.jpg]
[attachment=98898:Veillette Paris6.jpg]
[attachment=98899:Veillette Paris7.jpg]
[attachment=98900:Veillette Paris8.jpg]
[attachment=98901:Veillette Paris9.jpg]

Next up, maybe some Veillette bass noodling.

P

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

If you are interested I have a Ned Steinberg NXT 4 string EUB in as new condition, a few gigs but unharmed and beautiful with a big woody sound. In my view the best of the its type. I need the shorter scale length because of Rheumatoid Arthritis, and I like Veillettes! Happy to talk if you think a deal's worth pursuing.

[quote name='saxobass' timestamp='1357240952' post='1919749']
If you are interested I have a Ned Steinberg NXT 4 string EUB in as new condition, a few gigs but unharmed and beautiful with a big woody sound. In my view the best of the its type. I need the shorter scale length because of Rheumatoid Arthritis, and I like Veillettes! Happy to talk if you think a deal's worth pursuing.
[/quote]

What a shame I already have an NS CR4.

Phil

• 5 weeks later...

Just a bump, mainly on the basis that I still have the "blue bass", it could still be yours for a decidedly crazy price, and on the basis that it suddenly occurred to me that a trade for a nice double bass would be interesting.

P