Why become a member? ×

SOLD: NEW Reverend Mercalli 5-FM

lowregisterhead

For sale is a brand-spanking-new Reverend Mercalli 5-FM (violin Flame Maple top). I bought it on a whim, because I loved the look of the thing, and I still do, but playing 35" scale basses for years has left me feeling a little cramped on a 34". Some things just work, and this bass and my 6'2" frame just don't fit, as lovely as it is (the bass, that is) :lol:

Reverend have really got their act together - it's very well built and beautifully finished, sounds big and fat, and was ready to play with a nice low action straight out of the box. More specs can be found at [url="http://www.reverendguitars.com/reverend/guitars/bass_series/mercalli_5.html"]http://www.reverendg...mercalli_5.html[/url]

I've only had it two weeks, and it's never even left the house. The plastic film is still on the scratchplate, and it will be shipped in it's original packing cartons, so it's literally as new. Someone is going to get a bargain due to my impulsiveness, as I'm only asking [s]£600[/s] £550 shipped in the UK - an extraordinary amount of bass for the money. The only trade I would consider would be a Lakland DJ5...

SOLD pending the usual....

Edited by lowregisterhead

[quote name='Happy Jack' timestamp='1327619788' post='1514488']
Manufacturers really don't like to give the weight ... sigh.

Did you ever buy those fishing scales?

If so, g'wan - what does it clock in at?

ps: I rather wish I'd bought your Wal.
[/quote]

Thanks for the tip - I did buy the scales! It weighs in at 9.5 lbs, about 4.25 kg in new money, I believe.

I would have kept the Wal if I could have justified it it, but the big pile of cash came in handy too... :unsure: