Why become a member? ×

Oh No!!! I think I've found my perfect set up (what will I do with the rest of my life now?)

gjones

I think my rig is sorted now - Barefaced Midget + Compact + TC Electronic Classic 450 (which I love!). I moved to lightweight from a classic era Trace Elliot rig and now don't miss it - in fact what I have now is a improvement. Before that I had an Ashdown MAG210-300 with a 115 extension or whichever way around the numbers go but it seemed to lack what I wanted.

I did a gig where backline was provided and the Ashdown ABM rig available was a very different beast to the MAG - sounded great - but too heavy for me
these days. All goes to prove it is very subjective.

Sadly I still have endless curiosity about different basses. My current favourite is a Fender Precision Lyte fitted with a J-Retro, which nudges ahead of a Fender Power Jazz Bass Special only by virtue of its lower weight.

I think that is it, there is just a curiousity to always try different basses. For me personally it would probably be better to lease/hire and change whenever I want at a monthly cost. May not seem efficient but would mean I could try all sorts of basses and the cost would possibly be no worse than the selling costs, losses and hassle.

I may be onto something there as GAS seems to be a widespread problem!

(and the more interests you have the bigger the problem - I am also just as bad with cameras and bikes)

I'm OK, too. My P-Bass GAS is now over, but I still get a bit of amp and cab GAS. Then I'll do a gig and realise my amp and cab are totally brilliant and I don't need to buy anything else, ever. I would just be giving in to blatant consumerism.

[b]DOWN WITH BOURGEOIS REVISIONISM!![/b]