Why become a member? ×

*withdrawn* Duff McKagan signed Jazz bass

4 candles

Howdy

Wanted to offer this to any fans of the guns and roses axeman, quite frankly Im not a lover of GnR and wouldnt recognise Duff if he walked past me in the street and came and poked me in the eye!! but I understand that the right person would appreciate this bass.(to either play or put on the wall as an ornament) Fact is, Im never going to use this bass outside the house and Im not going to put it on the wall either. If anything, the signiture spoils the look of the bass for me and the signiture has no relevence to me either.- Although I appreciate that mr Duff is a very successful, wealthy and internationally recognised acomplished musician, just not my cup of tea.

brought from an auction in a drunken stupor, Its not very often that you see a bass in an auction and one got a little carried away. (although it was for a very good charitable cause). Bidding was from a distance and under the influence it looked like an overwater or sadowsky!!! the emphasis is on the signiture rather than the bass itself.

The bass itself is an eastcoast jazz, and is suprisingly good sounding and playing. Im sure the bass itself is relitivly cheap but it sounds and plays really well. Not too heavy either although the bass is quite big. lovely finish- sparkly blue with MOP scratchplate.

Issues- the nut has cracked on the G string, the fretted notes stay in tune but the open note is not. and there are a couple of dinks around the bass.

[attachment=97335:jazz duff 001.JPG]

[attachment=97334:jazz duff 004.JPG]

I am looking for trades and will consider anything. (as long as it has no signitures on!!)
Bass can be collected from Birmingham or I can stick it in a case and post for £20

Thanks for looking

Mark

Edited by 4 candles

sorry i lied in my origonal post. what i meant to say was.

I went to argos on tuesday and brought a bass for £99. went to the wulfrun hall that evening to watch guns and roses. Asked bass player to sign it. he did. tried to sell it on ebay for £8000. cost me a fortune in insertion fees and nobody brought it . lets try and rip off the folk on basschat. no, they are not buying any of it. mabye the bass gallery will take it on a commission sale!

[quote name='4 candles' timestamp='1326832557' post='1502620']

I went to argos on tuesday and brought a bass for £99. went to the wulfrun hall that evening to watch guns and roses. Asked bass player to sign it. he did. tried to sell it on ebay for £8000. cost me a fortune in insertion fees and nobody brought it . lets try and rip off the folk on basschat. no, they are not buying any of it. mabye the bass gallery will take it on a commission sale!
[/quote]

You bastard.

[quote name='4 candles' timestamp='1326832557' post='1502620']

[/quote]

AHA!!!! I see thru your cheap lies sir - everyone knows Duff doesn't play in G'N'R anymore!!!! ;)

after extensive reserch, ive just found out that the bass was actually signed by none other than welsh songstress "Duffy" singer of all time classic "mercy"

i have it on good authority that she uses the numbers 09, instead of the letter Y when signing anything- (including insurence doccuments and cheques)

surely this will put a new slant on things!!