Why become a member? ×

JUST GIGGED MY EUB FOR THE FIRST TIME

artisan

[quote name='artisan' timestamp='1326446155' post='1497217']
ok you buggers,i might have to nip into gear4music just to have a look / go on one & see how massive it actually is,then of course once i have talked myself into it i'll have to flog my G&L.
i'm still not shure about the transport thing though as my bro's [b]vectra estate[/b] has to fit my gear + his gear,including his two Gretsch guitars so i don't think it'll go.
[/quote]

A Vectra estate? Unless you're using a 8x10 and your brother a couple of Marshall 4x12s, I don't think you'll have a problem fitting a double bass in there. Unless of course you have an aversion to folding the rear seats down.

• 2 weeks later...

I echo the other comments about a EUB, don't bother, get a real one. I take mine on the train, bus, walk and stick it in a car and it is a great ice breaker with everyone. Get a Tom & Will case with wheels and when on your back, be careful when you go under anything shorter than a motorway bridge!

[quote name='artisan' timestamp='1326446155' post='1497217']ok you buggers,i might have to nip into gear4music just to have a look / go on one[/quote]

Don't bother. The basses they have on the floor are practically unplayable. Last time I went in their entry-level bass had a bridge which was bent at the wings to a 45-degree angle - couldn't even get it up to pitch without risking snapping the thing in half.

[quote name='thisnameistaken' timestamp='1327310132' post='1508970']

Don't bother. The basses they have on the floor are practically unplayable. Last time I went in their entry-level bass had a bridge which was bent at the wings to a 45-degree angle - couldn't even get it up to pitch without risking snapping the thing in half.
[/quote]

+1 I know some guys on here have had success with G4M Archer basses but all of the ones in the showroom were unplayable when I went last year. Even the EUB was unplayable.
Perhaps they are not all bad, but you would need to take it to a luthier for a set up.

i thought the Gear4Music ones would be crap & won't be buying one,but it's the only place i know of that i can go to & just have a quick play on a 3/4 DB.
I could do with finding someone with a second hand DB who wants to swap for my G&L (i know i know)

as for my Stagg EUB i'm quite impressed with it,maybee i was lucky but it seems to be a pretty good piece of kit & is the best £249 i ever spent on a musical instrument but what i really want is a propper DB.

[quote name='TPJ' timestamp='1327316421' post='1509080']
That one OldHorseMurphy is selling would be ideal.
[/quote]

cheers TPJ
I'love to buy that but it's out of my price range unfortuately,i'd have to sell the big al (which i'll not even consider) & am pretty skint after having a new boiller fitted at home..
my budget would be what i could sell my G&L for + a little extra.

[quote name='TPJ' timestamp='1327316421' post='1509080']
That one OldHorseMurphy is selling would be ideal.
[/quote]

lol what was i saying,i've just put both of my basses up for sale.
if the big al sells i'll buy OldHorseMurphy's bass
if the g&l sells i'll buy a cheapo Thomman rockabilly or something similar.