Why become a member? ×

People like SH*T

Prime_BASS

[quote name='Prime_BASS' timestamp='1326061519' post='1491875']
Discuss.
[/quote]
Not much to discuss really, by your own admission your 'no Victor Wooten fan'. You've managed to find an exceptionally ropey quality clip and used it to justify your view. The discussion would have more merit had you chosen a better quality clip.
To criticise VW (or the audience) on the basis of that clip says more about the OP than VW.
I'm not particularly a fan of VW or that style... BUT, I do know that to ignore someone of Wooten's obvious ability and not take a closer look will more likely upset your musical development more than it will hurt Victor Wooten.

[quote name='SteveK' timestamp='1326150136' post='1493136']
Not much to discuss really, by your own admission your 'no Victor Wooten fan'. You've managed to find an exceptionally ropey quality clip and used it to justify your view. The discussion would have more merit had you chosen a better quality clip.
To criticise VW (or the audience) on the basis of that clip says more about the OP than VW.
I'm not particularly a fan of VW or that style... BUT, I do know that to ignore someone of Wooten's obvious ability and not take a closer look will more likely upset your musical development more than it will hurt Victor Wooten.
[/quote]
There's everything to discuss mate. Unless you just want to stick to the OP's POV.

Of course discussion it's wonderful.....but I do have to say that it's always strange to me having a discussion arise from a negative ("I don't like this") as opposed to a positive ("Isn't this great").
Although what is said in each instance is often very similar, one usually holds a much cooler vibe than the other :)

Si

[quote name='Sibob' timestamp='1326150783' post='1493146']
Of course discussion it's wonderful.....but I do have to say that it's always strange to me having a discussion arise from a negative ("I don't like this") as opposed to a positive ("Isn't this great").
Although what is said in each instance is often very similar, one always holds a much cooler vibe than the other :)

Si
[/quote]
Human nature, old egg.

[quote name='Sibob' timestamp='1326150783' post='1493146']
Although what is said in each instance is often very similar, one usually holds a much cooler vibe than the other :)

Si
[/quote][quote name='Sibob' timestamp='1326150783' post='1493146']

Si
[/quote]
Isn't Mark King wonderful !!!!!!!!

[quote name='Sibob' timestamp='1326151074' post='1493151']
:-D Precisely ;)

No such thing as human nature imo, only environment ;)

Si
[/quote]
That human's 'nature' adapts to the environment or is otherwise swallowed up by the environment or those others competing for the same resources.

[quote name='Sibob' timestamp='1326150437' post='1493139']
Indeed, always listen to things you don't like....You'll always learn something :)

Si
[/quote]In my developing years, I and my budding musician friends would often buy albums, not necessarily because we liked them, but because we thought there was something we could learn from them. Something I've always done, although a lot less in recent years :(

[quote name='Sibob' timestamp='1326151337' post='1493157']
You're faking 'discussion' because of the context (environment?!) of this thread ;)

Si
[/quote]
Sorry, I meant to put that in quotes. I think MK is a fabulous musician, I don't enjoy much of his music though.

[quote name='SteveK' timestamp='1326151373' post='1493159']
In my developing years, I and my budding musician friends would often buy albums, not necessarily because we liked them, but because we thought there was something we could learn from them. Something I've always done, although a lot less in recent years :(
[/quote]
I have too. It invariably leads to misery and disappointment, and time and financial loss, as you attempt to repoint your brickwork with dogshit.

Edited by silddx

[quote name='silddx' timestamp='1326151251' post='1493155']
That human's 'nature' adapts to the environment or is otherwise swallowed up by the environment or those others competing for the same resources.
[/quote]

For another thread methinks :).

So what have we learned today? lol

Si

[quote name='silddx' timestamp='1326151557' post='1493165']
I have too. It invariably leads to misery and disappointment, and time and financial loss, as you attempt to repoint your brickwork with dogshit.
[/quote]

Perhaps your approach is off? :)
Is it not true that at the very least.....you learn how you don't like something to be?!, and as such, feel appreciative that someone else's journey (that you don't like) has enabled you to learn something about yourself.

Si

[quote name='icastle' timestamp='1326152000' post='1493180']
That if you sit in a field full of sheep and decide not to go 'baaaaa' you end up hearing an awful lot of bleating... :rolleyes:
[/quote]

But of course, if every sheep decided not to bleat...they might hear the birds sing ;)

Si