Why become a member? ×

Sadowsky VTC kit

Bought this recently for a P/J project but a change in circumstances means I've got to shift a few bits and pieces.

This is the VTC kit which includes: all you can see in the bottom right picture in the attached link.

http://www.sadowsky.com/pop/vintage_tone/vintage_tone.html

Video demo courtesy of BCC - Jump yo about 2:15 for audio

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGmhcfWiIGA

This passive tone control works in both active and passive modes and really helps take some of the top end off your tone allowing you keep the active punch but with a more vintage vibe. It's a very useful control which I first discovered in GuitarGuitar while noodling on a Sadowsky and loving the added level of control it afforded.

I was gonna combine with an Aguilar OBP-1 but needs must. The bass is up for sale in another thread.

So to recap this is for the VTC kit a concentric bass/treble boost only pot (25k) for use within an active circuit and a passive tone control with pull /push active circuit on/off switch built in. It also contains the relevant caps and the original wiring diagram.

A firm £65 posted thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='owen' timestamp='1326103474' post='1492170']
Who would make preamp which would be gain only? I used to have a Lane Poor circuit that did that ages ago.
[/quote]
one for sale in the sale section for £15...... but this I think adds a passive tone control to an active bass. if you have a passive bass, adding an active boost only modual just to have a passive tone control is.... daft. maybe I misunderstand what you are planning!

Hi just saw that there was some action on this thread.

Yeah something like the Aguilar OBP-1 which is a boost only preamp (as opposed to gain only??) is what this was made for. I had the external version for a good while and it was great but had to be always on. The bonus was I could get some nice tones with the bass and treble boosted and then vintage up the tone with my bass passive tone control.

The passive tone allows to you engage the passive tone on your bass while the bass is in active mode i.e. add some sparkle but retain a wrmth without having shrill sharp top end. Might sound counter intuitive but go try a Sadowsky at your local shop and mess with the VTC. Really nice feature IMO (as well as work as an on/off switch for your active circuit with out needing to drill an extra switch).

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...