Why become a member? ×

David Bowie live on TOTPs

PaulWarning

[quote name='steve-bbb' timestamp='1324556702' post='1475513']
... and undoubtedly one of the best guitar talents to shine forth from our sceptered isle (despite the dodgy platforms)

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=boTY_7VYoYU[/media]
[/quote]

Yep, my all time favourite guitarist - Moonage Daydream (double sigh)....

I met Trevor Boulder when doing the Midnight Sun festivals in Lapland back in '85. He was playing in Uriah Heep at one of the festivals we were playing at and we had a drink in their trailer after their set. He was a real nice person despite me suffering from 'foot in the mouth' at the time

[quote name='flyfisher' timestamp='1324678657' post='1477065']
. . . despite his crappy curly cable ;-)
[/quote]

Hah! I'll have you know that crappy curly cables were the state of the art in 1973. I still have one somewhere, plus one that was half curly half straight, the ultimate in cable chic.

[quote name='pete.young' timestamp='1324729751' post='1477384']
Hah! I'll have you know that crappy curly cables were the state of the art in 1973. I still have one somewhere, plus one that was half curly half straight, the ultimate in cable chic.
[/quote]

A curly cable from is an essential part of my 'lo-fi no-top' tone. My original 70s one was stolen sometime in the 80s at the Rock Garden, so I was ever so chuffed when I saw them for a fiver in Maplin.

Another life-long Bowie fan here and yes, have to agree with all the praise for Mick Ronson.

Moonage Daydream is pretty much my favourite guitar solo ever and that along with his string arrangements (particularly on Hunky Dory) secure Ronson's place as one of the best musicians of his generation IMHO.

I absolutely loved this footage; Bowie at his best and it had so much energy and vitality when compared with say, some of the live performances you see these days on 'Later' for example..

What a great find!