Why become a member? ×

Lost loves..............

The Admiral

[quote name='Bilbo' timestamp='1324460205' post='1474352']
I had one of these I wish I hadn't got rid of.

[/quote]

I wish it had come to me! Niiiiice. Always had a soft spot for those.

I miss my Alembic Triple O dreadfully. I sold it because of back & neck problems (mine, not the bass's!). I'd waited 20 years to get it, and I loved it to bits. It was incredible. I keep thinking if I could get the money together (as if) I'd approach the guy I sold it to and see if he wanted to sell it back, but the back problem would still be exactly that, a problem. If I ever came into sufficient money though, it'd probably be the first thing I bought, assuming he'd sell.

I miss my old Pedulla MVP somewhat, although having played another recently and not being keen I do wonder if there's an element of the rose-tinted spectacles about it (unless mine was simply better). Often the case of course; there's usually a reason why we part with these things after all. I miss my recently sold Sei Flamboyant 5 rather more, but it had to go to pay for my '72 Azure Ric, sadly. Wish the timing had been different as only a few months earlier I'd sold a rare 21 fret Ric I didn't get on with which would have paid for the '72. Unfortunately I'd already spent that by the time the Azure came round.

I also miss my old Buckeye Sei 4 (now owned by another BC-er)a great deal. That's another I'd probably try and get back if I had the money; in fcat given that it would cost half as much and I could actually play it, in reality I'd probably be more likely to go after that than the Alembic.

Oh, and I regret selling my Wal for £599 in '96/'97 simply because of how much they're worth now, although the friend who bought it loves it to bits so at least it had a happy ending of sorts.

And last but not least, I really regret selling my chambered Epi LP Custom Plus, which was arguably the best-sounding LP I've ever played, for £200. I once took it into a guitar shop and it dusted every Gibson & high-end Tokai in the place. The finish wasn't the best and the hardware was pants (easily replaced of course), but boy did it sound good.