Why become a member? ×

Sorted.......

Hi guys, I'm looking for an EUB for silent arco practice. I need a frame/knee support so I can practice sat down or stood up.
I'm really interested in a Mo Clifton EUB or Yamaha silent bass. Either the SLB 100 or 200, ideally with knee support.
Please drop me a pm if you have one to sell.
Cheers Geoff
http://www.geoffchalmers

Edited by geoffbassist

I know what you mean about the frame - it does have some supports, but I think they are more skeletal than the wooden EUB versions. This is probably the same bass that was for sale here a few weeks ago - worth a search for some more images?

I think I would struggle without the support. Particularly sitting. Ive also found similar designs tend to turn when standing. The 'T Bar' on the Eminence does a great job at stopping this, but I want the bass to feel as much like an upright as possible. Its main use will be for silent practice.

That's going to be one of Mo's "proper job" EUBs then. Mine is pretty much identical to an acoustic (generic, rather than a specific bass...my Zeller is nothing special!) so if you close your eyes, then everything is where it should be. Thats nice.

I first saw the T bar idea on the '80's Merchant EUB - simple idea that works. The leg/knee support on Mo's EUB does the same job (I broke mine on a tour...and yes, it does want to spin without it).

Best of luck on the hunt...

• 3 weeks later...