Why become a member? ×

*SOLD* Yamaha 1500A fretless

Guest subaudio

Guest subaudio
Loveley bass bought on here a few months ago but have just bought a new P bass and am hankering after a mandolin so am selling this.

In great condition, four string active fretless bass with gig bag.

Looking for £325 posted, will deliver in central london for £300 or will accept trades on a good F style mandolin.

*** The bass does not come with the case in the photo, I wasn't sold to me with the case, I have borrowed the photo from the original add on here ***

Original specs from Yamaha here [url="http://usa.yamaha.com/products/musical-instruments/guitars-basses/el-basses/bb/bb1500a/?mode=model"]http://usa.yamaha.co...00a/?mode=model[/url] Edited by subaudio

Guest subaudio

Hi guys, have added a photo, nut width is 40mm. I'm afraid I don't know the weight as I dont own any scales but it's lighter than my 4 string US standard P bass if that helps.

Guest subaudio

It's not a factory fretless as I dont think they made a fretless but it is a very nice defret indeed, done in a slightly red tinted wood, extremley good workmanship.

Edited by subaudio

[quote name='subaudio' timestamp='1323264934' post='1461205']
Hi guys, have added a photo, nut width is 40mm. I'm afraid I don't know the weight as I dont own any scales but it's lighter than my 4 string US standard P bass if that helps.
[/quote]

Thanks for measuring this. 40mm is going to be too narrrow for my hulking great paws, so I'm out, sadly.

Steve

Guest subaudio

[quote name='solo4652' timestamp='1323276125' post='1461489']
Thanks for measuring this. 40mm is going to be too narrrow for my hulking great paws, so I'm out, sadly.

Steve
[/quote]

No worries Steve, I'm rather hulking in the paw department myself and it's fine for me, can I just check that by nut width you mean the width of the neck at the nut ( across the fret side)

[quote name='subaudio' timestamp='1323282086' post='1461614']
No worries Steve, I'm rather hulking in the paw department myself and it's fine for me, can I just check that by nut width you mean the width of the neck at the nut ( across the fret side)
[/quote]

Yes - that's what I meant. I'm used to a wide Fender P neck and a G&L L2000 neck (44mm at the nut). The thickness of the neck front-to-back is also a factor, of course. How does the thickness of the neck compare to a Fender P, would you say?

Steve

Guest subaudio

[quote name='solo4652' timestamp='1323336592' post='1462066']
Yes - that's what I meant. I'm used to a wide Fender P neck and a G&L L2000 neck (44mm at the nut). The thickness of the neck front-to-back is also a factor, of course. How does the thickness of the neck compare to a Fender P, would you say?

Steve
[/quote]

Hi Steve, cool, have been in double bass land for a while and just wanted to make sure I was giving you the right info, as Bobby K says, it is a Jazz type neck, much slimmer than a P bass neck.

Cheers
Marti

Guest subaudio

Thanks for all the very positive comments on this, it is a great bass, long shot asking for a mando but a serious offer if you've got a good F style going spare :) or £300 + p&p in UK, hand delivered for £300 in central London

[quote name='subaudio' timestamp='1323339748' post='1462102']
Hi Steve, cool, have been in double bass land for a while and just wanted to make sure I was giving you the right info, as Bobby K says, it is a Jazz type neck, much slimmer than a P bass neck.

Cheers
Marti
[/quote]

No problem. Ideally I'd like a fretless with a wide neck but that's fairly shallow front-to-back (less bulky than my Fender P), passive, MIJ or MIA, £200 - £250. Picky? Me? Don't know what you mean.

Hope yours sells. Lovely looking thing.

Steve

• 2 weeks later...
Guest subaudio

Christmas holiday bump for this.

It is essentially Yamaha's answer to a jazz bass and were going for about a grand new when they came out, active electronics with passive switch and two other selectable eq settings for slap/soloing etc plus bass and treble on the pots, very versatile, great sounding, playing bass

Guest subaudio

Sorry, perhaps I wasn't quite clear with my description, the three way selector has a passive position as well as two selectable pre EQ setting positions, it isn't a separate switch, thanks for pointing that out Bobby :)

[quote name='subaudio' timestamp='1325091897' post='1479766']
Sorry, perhaps I wasn't quite clear with my description, the three way selector has a passive position as well as two selectable pre EQ setting positions, it isn't a separate switch, thanks for pointing that out Bobby :)

[/quote]

Ahh, I see... I never knew that the three way selector had a passive setting. I think I just used to use the 3rd position all the time....

Great bass chaps, come and get it! You could do a lot worse...

Edited by Bobby K