Why become a member? ×

12-String Dean for Sale - SOLD pending, etc...

Muzz

OK, so it's coming up to Xmas, I've got a new bass imminent and SWMBO has (for once) spoken up about the numbers of basses chez nous. As a compromise, I've agreed to a 'one in, one out' for the time being (I'll work on that later :) ) so the 12 is for sale.

It's an extraordinary instrument, the 12-string bass - if you've never owned one I can recommend giving it a go: they make a sound like nothing else. Neck is surprisingly playable, too, which makes it useable for more than the compulsory 'Jeremy' riff... :)

It's pretty much unmarked, has EMG hz pickups and an active 3-band EQ, Grover tuners, a brass nut and generally feels very solid at a bit over 10lbs. The neck is maple with walnut stringers, and the body's mahogany with a flamed maple cap. It also has separate bridge saddles for the octave strings, which means the intonation's much improved over the old 8-strings I've used in the past.

It comes in a hard case, and I'll throw in a brand new set of D'Addario strings (which were £36). I'd like £350. I can post fully insured to the mainland for £20.

Cheers,

Muzz

[attachment=94640:DSCF0483.JPG]

[attachment=94641:DSCF0490.JPG]

[attachment=94642:DSCF0492.JPG]

[attachment=94643:DSCF0495.JPG]

[attachment=94644:DSCF0496.JPG]

[attachment=94645:DSCF0498.JPG]

[attachment=94793:dean12.JPG]

Edited by Muzz

Neck dive is surprisingly very very little - I know the first time I saw the headstock for real I thought 'here we go' (I had a Washburn B20-8 back in the day, and that was just evil, despite having 4 tuners at each end), but it's very manageable - I think having the bass quite high (for me - about on the hip) helps, too.

I've just looked at my photos again, and the perspective [i]does[/i] make it look very long in the neck/head. I've added a more realistic pic (not of mine, one I found at a better angle, but it's the same thing) to the main post.