Why become a member? ×

Fender 'Jazz' Bass

Bilbo

I am about to start a campaign that seeks to ensure that Fender 'Jazz' Basses, of all hues, are only ever used to play 'Jazz' and that any use of said basses for idioms other than Jazz should result in the removal of that instrument from the perpetrator and it sale, at a reduced rate, to responsible jazz musicians in order to gain funds for the Musicians Benevolent Fund.

I would also insist that 'Precision' basses should be played with precision and that all Double Basses should be played twice. :)

Edited by bilbo230763

[quote name='bilbo230763' post='165186' date='Mar 28 2008, 12:39 PM']I am about to start a campaign that seeks to ensure that Fender 'Jazz' Basses, of all hues, are only ever used to play 'Jazz' and that any use of said basses for idioms other than Jazz should result in the removal of that instrument from the perpetrator and it sale, at a reduced rate, to responsible jazz musicians in order to gain funds for the Musicians Benevolent Fund.

I would also insist that 'Precision' basses should be played with precision and that all Double Basses should be played twice. :)[/quote]

So, can I have your Wal bass when you start your Jazz gigs with my Fender Jazz :huh: ?

No - my Wal is played in a traditional and uncontentious manner, as has been the case since the electric bass was invented by Monk Montgomery. Its model name of 'Custom', therefore, has integrity and is, thus, allowed.

My Metro combo, on the other hand, sounds great as long as there are no trains running.

[quote name='bilbo230763' post='165233' date='Mar 28 2008, 01:39 PM']No - my Wal is played in a traditional and uncontentious manner, as has been the case since the electric bass was invented by Monk Montgomery. Its model name of 'Custom', therefore, has integrity and is, thus, allowed.

My Metro combo, on the other hand, sounds great as long as there are no trains running.[/quote]

your metro combo was manufactured by austin rover in the 1980s?

Piccolo basses should be blown.

Players of tenor basses should sing backing vocals in the style of Pavarotti.

Fender basses should be attached to the front bumpers of road-going vehicles as extra crash protection.

Viola basses should be played under the chin with a bow & never under any circumstances should the player be given a tune to play!

Status basses should only be played by a certain class of musician.

GB basses shall only be played by British citizens.

Perhaps I ought to give Mark his bass rig back...?

Edited by OutToPlayJazz

[quote name='Soulfinger' post='165195' date='Mar 28 2008, 12:44 PM']I take it you don´t play a Spitfire, then? :)[/quote]

I used to, during the war