Why become a member? ×

1984 NJ Series BC Rich Eagle *SOLD*

jon_kemo

1984 Nagoya Japan BC Rich Eagle bass in what I believe was a deep pink/purple that has now got lighter as it has aged. It has all original hardware including a nice chunky bridge, hot, punchy precision pickup and BC Rich branded Gotoh style tuners.

It is not in pristine condition with a few marks, most noticeably where the paint has rubbed where your forearm would rest. The neck is similar to a precision in size but is very easy to play on and the bass is also incredibly light meaning there is little discomfort on long playing sessions.

There is however, one important bit of information to note, I will quote its previous owner Gust0o from this forum:

[i]"THIS BIT IS IMPORTANT. FOCUS, PEOPLE. Shockwave previously imported this bass from the States, care of a rather heavy handed courier and from a chap who know little about packing, with a resultant neck break in transit. Rob had this professional repaired, including the finish on the painted neck. It makes it very hard for me to take shots (being under paint, and so on) but I want people to be aware."[/i]

I concur that it is almost impossible to see the difference in paint colour and it was also commented that the repair job had probably made the neck stronger than ever!

As a result of these couple of issues I am very reluctant to ship, so would rather somebody came to inspect and collect or meet up nearby.

I would be looking for [b]£185[/b] for this cracking bass.

Here are some pics and more, particularly of the various dings, can be found in the following link:

[url="http://s106.photobucket.com/albums/m252/jon_kemo/1984%20BC%20Rich%20NJ%20Eagle/"]http://s106.photobuc...h%20NJ%20Eagle/[/url]

Edited by jon_kemo

[quote name='jon_kemo' timestamp='1326978589' post='1504579']

This man speaks sense!
[/quote]

Sometimes.

I'd have this Jon, but I'm awaiting delivery this week of two 80's Jap basses and a Shergold Marathon. I've gone all soft for basses from my youth.

[quote name='oldslapper' timestamp='1326980394' post='1504622']
Sometimes.

I'd have this Jon, but I'm awaiting delivery this week of two 80's Jap basses and a Shergold Marathon. I've gone all soft for basses from my youth.
[/quote]

You should do it, it's a very fun bass :)