Why become a member? ×

Cabinet config query

Fitz666

The wisdom was to run it with a 4x12 and try and split the signal. The 301 was very hard to gauge how hard it was running as you couldn't hear it and people were going green 10 rows away. That was the perceived wisdom of the time :) :)
The 412 gave it some perspective volume wise... and to think we actuall tried to transport that..!!!!! A fridge was a doddle by comparison

I do recall a warning on the back of the cab which said sound levels may run above 120db.. ????

The bass was excessive..the tone..??? non-existant...!!

Edited by JTUK

[quote name='TraceElliotBass' timestamp='1323034713' post='1458588']
... I leant my ah600-12 and cabs to Norman Watt Roy in May 2011 he put the 15 on top, and he loved it. [/quote]

Oh joy! Oh happy day! I've been reading these cab-stacking threads since I got here in 2008 and I'm pretty sure this is the first new 'point of reference' I've seen.

It is veritably a clash of BC icons. Norm vs The Cab-Stack.

Laydees 'n' gemmun, round of applause for Mr TraceElliotBass! :)

[quote name='Merton' timestamp='1323017793' post='1458323']
Good point, I guess they (claim they) did the first bass-specific 4x10 but the format no doubt predates them.
[/quote]Fender was doing the 4x10 Bassman combo in the mid 50s. Using guitar drivers, of course, as bass drivers did not yet exist. For that matter neither did guitar drivers, they were all classified as musical instrument.

[quote name='skankdelvar' timestamp='1323036674' post='1458624']
Oh joy! Oh happy day! I've been reading these cab-stacking threads since I got here in 2008 and I'm pretty sure this is the first new 'point of reference' I've seen.

It is veritably a clash of BC icons. Norm vs The Cab-Stack.

Laydees 'n' gemmun, round of applause for Mr TraceElliotBass! :)
[/quote]