Why become a member? ×

Guitar Lead

ianwild16

[quote name='OutToPlayJazz' post='165386' date='Mar 28 2008, 04:29 PM']Did you know that Francis Rossi (of Status Quo fame) drilled a hole through his Telecaster as a lead retainer!?[/quote]

But he also said that having done it, that it didn't work how he expected, so he did bother using it. He still drills the holes in his guitars because it helped identify one that got nicked.

Yeah - I do it. Having learned the hard way. Except that yesterday while messing around with my POD I managed to step on my main lead with a 90 degree plug on it and pulled the cable so that it's broken inside the plug. AND to cap it all I can't find my soldering irons (I have 2). AND my 3 spare leads are all dodgy as well. Had to buy a new lead today as playing tomorrow morning before making the dash to Northampton. :huh:

Speaking of curly leads, I still have one from way back in the 80's that glows in the dark! Except it doesn't any more. Having just checked. :)

[quote name='ianwild16' post='165169' date='Mar 28 2008, 12:29 PM']I think tucking in a curly lead has gotta be a disaster visually.
[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xcTW1-znxeQ"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xcTW1-znxeQ[/url]
Check out youtube, jimi hendrix live a the marquee, rare 2nd take of Hey Joe.
At approx 2.05 you can clearly see Noel has a 'White!' curly lead tucked up behind his strap.[/quote]
Pure class - respect to Mr. Redding!

Wonder if anyone else uses a curly lead other than me?

Edited by nick

I do!
Amp end would be a good idea. Once played a gig and I was borrowing the rather lovely bass gear of a band called glasvagas. He had the signal going through a plastic behringer tuner thing on top the amp. Lets just say rather too frantic playing puller many thing out of position resulting in loud pops and bangs.
Lucky it only took me 4 bars to untangle and plug in again!

[quote name='rayfw' post='164825' date='Mar 27 2008, 09:27 PM']This was recently discovered in a tomb in Luxor alongside a dusty Ampeg B15
[attachment=6967:loop.jpg][/quote]
:)
Note even 2000 years ago the particularly groovy/funk stance of the bassist compared to the very static lead and rhythm harpists (although they do have nice legs)
Re the Bobby Charlton bass with the rear jack; I had a '04 Listerud with a similar design - Strat-type recessed angled jack set into the rear plate. Neat idea.