Why become a member? ×

!!!!sold!!! Spector Euro LX 6 - 6 string neckthru £700 - yes, only 700...RRP £1400ish

Dood

Hey all! I trust you are all well! I've had this six string for a reasonably short while actually! I bought it as a 'spare' Bass for a down tuning project but realised I didn't really need it and was a bit of an impulse purchase. - I needed something much sooner to record with than Jon could make me another bass!

So, no sooner has it come in, it's on it's way out!

I'll take some pictures later - but needless to say, these are really nice basses and given the RRP of around £1400 - £1600
(Here's a new one on ebay for £1400 [url="http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Spector-Euro-6-LX-Electric-Bass-Neck-thru-NEW-/390363782036?pt=Guitar&hash=item5ae37e9b94#ht_1477wt_1163"]http://www.ebay.co.u...#ht_1477wt_1163[/url])
you maybe forgiven that there is something wrong with this one for the price I am selling at. It's in great great condition with only a wee bit of tarnish on the bridge and a loose knob that I'm just about to tighten up!

Features my favourite EMG DC45 pickups and the Spector TonePump circuit (yes the one with the gain control). I've not fettled with or adjusted the instrument at all and that is taken in to consideration in the price also.

I understand it features a Graphite reinforced rock maple neck with a 35" scale
Beautiful Spalted Maple top under a wet look glossy finish. (which is an additional option, not a standard) YUM!

ok - rip my arm off [b]£700[/b] picked up - If I'm shipping then please send me a hard case, it'd be daft to send this beautiful bass in cardboard!

Heh heh! It is a tad isn't it! There's nothing wrong with the Bass, I'd just feel dishonest if I didn't pass on the good deal I got on it by upping the price to the going rate.. But hey, if ya wanna give me more for it I won't argue he he!
More pictures to come, just a few phone transfer issues!

Sorry for the lack of pictures I promised! They're still on my 'phone as I have been a wee bit busy today! If you can hang in there a bit longer I'll get them up later on!

Dooooooood

Who wants to tear my arm off first? This one's a beaut'!

Hi Ash! Well, I'm afraid I don't own any scales! It's certainly heavier than my Shuker headless. it's a substantial beast but it's not the heaviest Bass I've owned. That was a Conklin!

[quote name='ash' timestamp='1321993053' post='1445319']
....so not 70s P bass weight then?
[/quote]

I've got a CIJ 70's reissue and it's light as a feather! - But yes, I know what you mean, some of the 70's P's were heavy! - Well, it's a 6er and has a lot of hardware on board, so it's not lightweight, but even me with my bad back didn't struggle. It balances well - it's substantial but not ridiculous.

A picture from this fine instrument's previous owner - It's very much in the same condition!

Stag, I hadn't planned to bring it out with me as I've other stuff I need to do - but lemme see!

One day and down on page 3 already! Heh! Wow, this forum moves fast! A bumperoonie!

Can I tempt anyone? Is the low price putting you off? Seriously, just passing on a good deal given to me! ;0)

It really isn't as daunting as it looks.I think pretty much everyone I have coaxed in to picking up my 7 string ended up saying "oh it's pretty easy actually isn't it?" then tore up and down the fretboard playing some wicked grooves!

I'll have a think about trade bait too.

It's a bump for a bargain! Selling to fund a bigger purchase and aged knows I should be putting a higher price on this fine example!

Would love to have a deal sorted asap, it will be going on eBay soon with a higher starting price. this price is exclusive to my fine BassChat friends and I won't I'm afraid be lowering it. That would be crazy!

I can arrange a 'meet half way' within an hour or so journey for fuel cash or you are more than welcome to come over for a good playing session. Shipping will require some sort of solid case. You can either send one through, or pay extra and I will source a new one locally to ship the bass in. This bass is too precious to stick in a cardboard box and I'd prefer collection. I will hold the bass with a non refundable deposit subject to time/amount etc.

Ok, so talk to me people! PM me so that I get a notification to my Mobile (fairly instantly) and I will endeavour to reply as soon as possible!

700 of your fine English pounds to seal a deal!