Why become a member? ×

Warwick jack socket

machinehead

Some time ago there was a thread on here about jack sockets suitable for a Warwicks, being sold at a very reasonable price by Maplins. (I think?) It's for my Warwick Streamer stage II from 1997.

If my memory is correct on this, can anyone help with a Maplins part number?

Thanks in advance.

Frank.

[quote name='warwickhunt' timestamp='1321475099' post='1439719']
Are they any good? I've no experience with that particular socket BUT plenty of experience years ago with cheap flimsy Maplins parts and I'd not have fitted one back then to any of my Warwicks... however if they are top quality then fair does!
[/quote]

Just noted that it is designated as Neutrik! Odd as it doesn't look like the Neutriks that I've had in the past. Oh well you live and learn. :)

I recently used one of these to replace the jack socket on my Yamaha BB614, seems solid and no problems so far. You might have to cut off the cable grip (one of the ground connections for battery switching in active basses) depending on the position in the cavity and the amount of room you have. I had to.

[quote name='bartelby' timestamp='1321466347' post='1439573']
One of these?

[url="http://www.maplin.co.uk/6.35mm-stereo-long-reach-chassis-socket-223988"]http://www.maplin.co...s-socket-223988[/url]

N39GB
[/quote]

Many thanks to everyone for your responses. Basschat at its best.

Frank.