Why become a member? ×

SOLD! Musicman Stingray-5.

thepurpleblob

I have a Musicman Stingray-5 in natural wood with a tortoiseshell pick guard (I have the original black one too). I took this in an exchange from BassBlueStew some time ago and I've never quite got on with the neck and string spacing so I'm looking for a change.

The bass is vintage 1996 and is in fabulous condition - it's been well looked after. The set-up is pretty good with no buzzing or other unpleasantness and it has brand-new EB strings on it. I haven't weighed it but (before anybody asks) it's on the heavy side I would say.

I'm primarily hoping to trade for a 5-string with wide spacing (18mm+). Failing that, I would consider a 4 string of similar value. Stuff like G&L (USA), Status, Lakland, (high end) Yamaha spring to mind although try me. Some cash either way is a possibility.

I hope Stewart won't mind be using his original photos...

Edited by thepurpleblob

[quote name='carlsim' timestamp='1322053188' post='1445849']
How about a cheaper 5 string and some cash??? Spector Legend 5?? Ex. cond??
[/quote]

MmmmMMMmm.... I'm not very familiar with Spectors to be honest. Pictures, details? I'm probably thinking something a bit higher-end though (what are they - about 600 quid new?)

Edited by thepurpleblob

about that... its a lovely bass, just miss my stingray! :) info below... its the same colour as the main pics... amberburst i think they call it.

can post some pics if you are interested... let me know what you think about price...

[url="http://www.spectorbass.com/professional/classic5.html"]http://www.spectorbass.com/professional/classic5.html[/url]

[quote name='shiekaa' timestamp='1322482495' post='1451229']
Bump for being gutted you are only trading this :)
[/quote]

I've now had several people asking me for a sale price. It would be a lot easier if there was actually something for sale (at the moment) that I would want to buy. The going rate for these seems to be (give or take) about £950... I have no idea if someone would actually pay that. Trades are easier and I don't want to (= won't) be out of pocket on this :)

[quote name='carlsim' timestamp='1322494191' post='1451492']
Sure i cant interest you in the spector with some cash???
[/quote]

Nope, sorry. I'm definitely only interested in 'wide neck' 5 strings. I'm pretty sure that the Spectors are only 16.5mm spacing. I can't play those things :)

[quote name='LukeFRC' timestamp='1323179029' post='1460148']
well I have a quality, well built 4 string, wide string spacing and lot's of natural low end.... and not in the same price bracket as this!
[/quote]

I'm guessing T-40 right? I've heard nothing but good things about these but I also hear that they are really heavy? I'm too old and knackered for heavy...... :)

Saturday morning bump.

Now for sale. Let's say £900 but, of course, all genuine offers will be considered.

I have a few generic cases, so it will come in something solid. Will either post at cost to the buyer or (even better) meet up half way for a contribution to the diesel fund!