Why become a member? ×

Super 2x15s, and stacking them. For manly men.

Mr. Foxen

Lower cab is a BFM Omni 15 tallboy. I don't use them together as the Omni 15 gets on better with SS stuff, not very sensitive an goes much lower than valve amps will really do (although reckon my Matamp Slave will do it, is designed for such shenanigans). Here's the actual rig I use, except with a SC150 instead of a 120 now:

[IMG]http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b69/Incarante/barefacedcab001.jpg[/IMG]

The directional nature of side by side speakers means I can escape feedback by going off axis, giving me a degree more dynamic control.

[quote name='Mr. Foxen' timestamp='1319667377' post='1417171']
Lower cab is a BFM Omni 15 tallboy. I don't use them together as the Omni 15 gets on better with SS stuff, not very sensitive an goes much lower than valve amps will really do (although reckon my Matamp Slave will do it, is designed for such shenanigans). Here's the actual rig I use, except with a SC150 instead of a 120 now:

The directional nature of side by side speakers means I can escape feedback by going off axis, giving me a degree more dynamic control.
[/quote]

Sweet. I'm jealous as hell.

I've had to lug around ChiSeerkind's 4x15 before, as well as the folded horn 2x15 he built. Not an ideal feeling when you have lugged it up a flight of stairs, and then look at the door you have to get it through after, and realise how much narrower it than you noticed before

Reckon I'm gonna build a BFM Xfire guitar cab next. Someone buy stuff off me to fund that.