Why become a member? ×

1975 Fender Precision Bass

Joshbasscana

THIS IS NOW SOLD!

Hello,

Its time for me to let go of a good friend of mine. Thanks to the chaps in the other thread on bass chat when I was trying to nail the date of this bass. Muchos gracias! I am selling my 1975 Fender Precision Bass which I have now owned for around 18 months. The serial number on the neckplate is 626410 which dates it to 1975 during the CBS era. I know the 2 previous owners who are good guys and have looked after this.

The bass has had a respray a while ago from it's original white colour to black. I have alos recently had the tone knob fixed and the innards replaced as it wasn't working at all.

This is a fabulous bass. The pickups really do have true character with a bit of grit. The bottom end is truly lush. Im selling due to raising some funds to put towards a new car. Im wanting to replace this bass with a Lakland Duck Dunn so if anyone wants to do a swap plus cash Im all up for that.

PRICE NOW DROPPED TO £1000.

(im having major trouble uploading the pictures due to an error code, so if you are GENUINELY interested, get in contact and i'll email you the pics Cheers!)

Edited by Joshbasscana

[quote name='bigsmokebass' timestamp='1319492861' post='1414968']
Shame you can't get pics up but sounds great for the price.

Have a free BUMP!

:)
[/quote]

Cheers matey. Much love!

[quote name='mckendrick' timestamp='1319659329' post='1417051']
Greetings [url="http://basschat.co.uk/user/452-joshbasscana/"][color=#282828]Joshbasscana[/color][/url]....

What's the fingerboard material? And what style of logo: is it the earier serif logo or the later smaller block sans-serif logo?
[/quote]

Im not too sure about the fingerboard material tbh. Its the earlier Serif logo on the headstock. That I know! I can email pics if you want? Let me know what it is if you're interested.

• 2 weeks later...