Why become a member? ×

looking for tiny power amps or micro amps

Ant

so im currently using a pearce BC1 preamp into the effects return of an orange bass terror, i'd just like to see what other options are out there (the orange is light but the shape is wacky)

preferably something rack mountable so i can get everything contained to minimise set up time.

ive been looking at the genz benz shuttle 9.0, but people are saying there arent many lows to be had from it, anyone had any experience? i wont ever be using the preamp on it as the pearce BC1 is the god of tone so i just need something small that can deliver some nice volume and not take anything away (like oomph and bass) from my sound.

i play in a pretty rocky band with no guitarists so i cant really have something thinning out my tone.

so, in a nutshell, looking for small micro amps or 1u or half rack space power amps that will put out what i put into them, just LOUDER

[url="http://www.powersoft-audio.com/"]Powersoft[/url] makes some very nice 1U power amps. They tend to be rather deep, and are not cheap.
[url="http://www.swramps.com/products/search.php?partno=4415050000"]SWR[/url] makes a nice small power amp.

The choice you have will increase significantly if you drop the 1U requirement, and placed in a decent rack bag it still will be quite manageable.

Edited by Sjonnie

I've been looking at the Peavey IP1600 which is 2u and comes in at 3.2kg

I think you can get a rack mount kit for the Gallien Krueger MB500 and just use it the same way as you use the Orange amp.

Alternatively, the Harley Benton BA500H from Thomann which is made by Beta Aivin and supposedly an Ibanez Promethian in disguise