Why become a member? ×

Epiphone thunderbird - Sold

StevieD_FenderP2009

[quote name='StevieD_FenderP2009' timestamp='1323650709' post='1465524']
Why hasn't any one snapped this up yet?
[/quote]

My thoughts exactly. Great looking bass, and a good price, thought it would have gone instantly, specially being the Ltd Edition model.

Thanks Lozz, I am honestly surprised about it not going yet. There is honestly nothing wrong with it and it's not really been used. Just doesn't suit my playing or the tone I want to get. I prefer a P-Bass tone which is why the money from this is paying to finish my 87 off.

Yeah, people may have seen that thread about the pick ups but I was basically only saying that the tone isnt for me. I like my basses to have A LOT of treble, insane amounts in fact. It's got a very Rock N Roll tone to it and it's very bassy.

Thanks for the offer Tom but as previously mentioned, I need the money from this for my 87 to be finished.
Good luck selling yours and contact me if you end up selling your P-Bass and want this bass.

Cheers

[quote name='Lozz196' timestamp='1323934019' post='1468748']
Hurry up and sell this Stevie, I saw Motley Crue last night, and am remembering how cool white T-Birds look!
[/quote]

I know man, that was one of the reasons I bought this bass and named it "Nikki" (then changed it to Nibbs after the Saxon bassist). Someone please buy this?
How were Crue btw? I was so annoyed I missed this tour but I couldn't warrant paying £45 for just Motley Crue (as I don't like Def Leppard and I'm not too fussed about Steel Panther)

Come on guys, £200 plus £10 postage?

[quote name='StevieD_FenderP2009' timestamp='1323955376' post='1469116']
I know man, that was one of the reasons I bought this bass and named it "Nikki" (then changed it to Nibbs after the Saxon bassist). Someone please buy this?
How were Crue btw? I was so annoyed I missed this tour but I couldn't warrant paying £45 for just Motley Crue (as I don't like Def Leppard and I'm not too fussed about Steel Panther)

Come on guys, £200 plus £10 postage?
[/quote]

Crue were their usual selves. Sound weren`t too good, Vince Neil sang about a third of the words, between catching his breath, and the playing was adequate, with Mick Mars making some very strange noises on his guitar. In other words, I loved it. Didn`t bother with Steel Panther, but Def leppard, who I`ve never really liked, were very good. Playing/sound/stageshow all better than Crue. Still not my cuppa though.

[quote name='tom1946' timestamp='1324145876' post='1471305']
Christ is this still here?
Bargin of the year imo.
[/quote]

Thanks Tom. Yeah it is still here and it really is a bargain. I'm taking a huge loss on it which may put people off but there's honestly nothing wrong with the bass. I just need the cash to finish my P-Bass.

Edited by StevieD_FenderP2009

It does have a bag with it but it's not a perfect fit. I'm trying to get hold of one for it to go in. The bag I have for it at the minute is slightly too short. The tip of the headstock pokes out of the bag which is why the bass has never left my house.

As i may have mentioned before, I'd try and pack it in foam/bubble wrap and cardboard as well if i was to have it sent off to some one.

Are you interested then mate?

That is one beautiful bass.

If you'd consider a trade...
[url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/163079-ft-tokai-love-rock-bass-beautiful/"]http://basschat.co.uk/topic/163079-ft-tokai-love-rock-bass-beautiful/[/url]

It baffles me too man. I love all these references to UFO as Pete Way is a massive influence of mine.
He was quite tall though...
If you manage to sell yours and mine is still here then please do message me.
Cheers bud!
Stevie

Doctor, doctor pleaaaase, won't someone, buy my bass? Doctor, doctor pleaaaase, don't you know I need it gone fast! :P