Why become a member? ×

Epiphone thunderbird - Sold

StevieD_FenderP2009

Hey guys

I'm putting a feeler thread out for my virtually brand new Epiphone Thunderbird. I bought it in July brand new from one of the guitar shops down Denmark Street in London but after playing it a few times, I've realised that it isn't really for me. I'm more of a precision bass man (boring I know but I feel "at home" on a P-Bass) so i've decided it's best to sell it to some one who'll appreciate it more than me.

So yeah, about the T-Bird. Apparently it's one of only 3 of this exact model in the UK because it's the one with the guitar sized humbuckers instead of the soapbars. All the main hardware is chrome, the pickguard is matching white and the fretboard is a beautiful rosewood. As soon as I bought it, I took it in to my local guitar shop and asked them to fit the strap peg to the front of the neck pocket (this hasn't left an open hole on the bass as the strap peg was fit to one of the 4 neck bolts on the neck plate so they just took that bolt out, took the strap peg off and put the bolt back in. Also, just to clarify, it isn't attached to the neck, it's attached to the body). I have also fitted a set of chrome pick up rings (not plastic, proper metal ones) instead of the black plastic ones but I will send the black ones with it for you to choose between.

I paid just under £300 for it and it comes with 1 year of free set ups from the shop I got it from (I have the paper work to prove this). I'm not going to say the bass is mint because end of the day, it has been used but hasn't ever left the house. I have used it on 2 or 3 recordings at home and it has that distinct vintage rock and roll sound. Really bassy, lots of mids and not so many highs. The moved strap button has completely stopped neck dive and has actually made the bass more comfortable to play. I would be looking for around £200 cash (plus postage) to cover a different bass I want or to pay for the paintwork on my 87 p bass to be finished.

Picture of the bass: (stickers on the pickups have been removed)

Edited by StevieD_FenderP2009

• 1 month later...

[quote name='allighatt0r' timestamp='1323024721' post='1458439']
Want it? Yes! Afford it? Not really! Bloody xmas presents... Good luck with the sale!
[/quote]
Haha that's fair enough mate and thanks very much. You could always sell people's christmas presents and buy it :)

[quote name='burgundymouse' timestamp='1323115525' post='1459537']
This so could have been mine a few months ago.A toss up between an Epiphone Thunderbird and a P-Bass but the P-Bass won because it came up first. Have a bump on me.
[/quote]
This could still be yours mate :)

[quote name='The Goatreich' timestamp='1323161920' post='1459828']
I really fancy a Gibson version of these, but didn't realise the Epiphone was held in such high regard.
[/quote]
Yeah me neither, It's a cracking bass though. Just need the money from it. I'll take £200 plus postage for it because I really need the cash.