Why become a member? ×

FS: Fender Gold Elite Precision I w/original deluxe case

pluckedout

Due to eBay timewasters, this is now up for sale here...for the princely sum of £975

[b]Fender Precision Gold Elite I 1983[/b]

Absolutely beautiful, and near mint condition - comes complete with the seldom seen, very rare original deluxe case. Fender only provided these with the very first few Elites as they cost so much to produce. The case is called the Voyagair case and were made by SKB on behalf of Fender. It only came with the Gold and Walnut Elites, and even then only the first few because of the cost of producing them. They were never supplied with the "standard" chrome hardware Elites, just the Gold models.

Only minor marks are one tiny dint (very difficult to photograph but you can see it in one of the final pictures) and very minor swirl marks on the back. Some minor tarnishing on the gold fine tuners but at least they're all there! Case is a bit dusty in the pics but will be cleaned...Otherwise absolutely spotless and very rare in this condition - especially in Gold Elite form. The single pickup Elite I is by far the rarer model and the Gold version is even rarer - topped only by the Walnut Elite in terms of rarity and with the original deluxe case this is a very special instrument. Active electronics in perfect working order, great sound, very flexible but still has that Precision thump.

Collection or meet up much preferred with cash payment; otherwise Paypal. I am in Salisbury but am regularly up and down the M3 and A34. If shipping is required, I will only do this fully insured.

Edited by pluckedout

Did you get this from Classic & Cool guitars? I sold one back to them which was identical.

Anyways - lovely bullet proof basses - believe these were the forerunner to the Custom shop - very, very high quality. I would love another, but can't get on with the pancake 80s necks.

Fwiw all my gigging basses have these preamps...

[quote name='Jamesemt' timestamp='1319447272' post='1414049']
Did you get this from Classic & Cool guitars? I sold one back to them which was identical.

Anyways - lovely bullet proof basses - believe these were the forerunner to the Custom shop - very, very high quality. I would love another, but can't get on with the pancake 80s necks.

Fwiw all my gigging basses have these preamps...
[/quote]

Hi

yes I did, drove all the way down to Devon to pick it up...

They really are extremely high quality, and this one is near mint so if it was yours you certainly took care of it!

Cheers