Why become a member? ×

Traded - Iceni Zoot Custom 5 String

sk8

Great bass but its not getting any use as my go to bass at the mo is my precision which suits all three of my current bands and projects. Build thread and pictures is here [url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/82578-iceni-zoot-5-special/page__hl__iceni+zoot__fromsearch__1"]http://basschat.co.u...__fromsearch__1[/url]

Fantastically made bass which looks better than the pictures! Huge tonal range and great to play.

Not desperate in desperate need to get rid of this but would let it got for £900 as the cash would be useful.

Comes with a hiscox case.

Collection from Bath/Bristol preferred.

Edited by sk8

What a shame you're selling, Mike. I should say that I had my hands on this bass - I live fairly near Mike Walsh (i.e. Mr Iceni), and happened to be going down to Bristol when it was ready, so offered to deliver it to sk8. Before I took it down though I had to take a few pics :)

...Some more:

The bass sounds great - "piano like" is a good description, but not super hifi - lots of body to it as well. It has a "vintage filter" added which does a nice job of tweaking the sounds in quite a Markbass VLE sort of way - maybe it should be the VBE - Vintage Bass Emulator :)

Good luck with the sale, sk8!

I've had my hands on this bass too... although surprisingly I live about 600 miles away from Mike. :)
MB1. :)
Now i'll not say this again! it's one tablet twice a day after meals. :)
BUMP!

Edited by MB1

[quote name='MB1' timestamp='1317917182' post='1396239']
I've had my hands on this bass too... although surprisingly I live about 600 miles away from Mike. :)
MB1. :)
Now i'll not say this again! it's one tablet twice a day after meals. :)
BUMP!
[/quote]
:o
I know it sounds unlikely but it is true.

[quote name='Ou7shined' timestamp='1317916800' post='1396230']
This is indeed a veeeeery nice bass, fantastically well built too... and the same could be said for Mike. :)[/quote]

Don't make me come over there you big gay :)

• 2 weeks later...

This is yet another example of a bass I'd snap up in no time if I had cash in the UK! Lovely bass! I'm not a big fan of swamp ash, but that sure is an exception! Would make the prefect gigging bass for me!

Hope someone snaps it up soon!

Regards
G!

Don't suppose you have any trips to Cape Town lined up in the near future do you? Hehe!

Seriously nice bass! One day I may just manage to grab an Iceni 5, always been an 'object of affection'!

Someone buy this thing, they are amongst the best of british made basses!

Regards
G!