Why become a member? ×

FS/FT MusicMan Stingray 30th Anniversary - SOLD

Clarky72

I'm probably going to kick myself sometime in the future for this... I'm putting this beauty up for trade or sale.

Looking for a US Fender Jazz or US Lakland 44-60 (Jo Osborn), or a 70s Fender Jazz or Custom Shop Jazz, 4 string only, and natural, blonde or sunburst finish, black at a push... I'm not interested in anything else really.

[s]£1200[/s], £999 for sale. Yes, massive price drop, its less than a grand! WHAT A BARGAIN!

Here's the blurb from EB about the bass:

[i]Sterling Ball has been often quoted as saying the this is the BEST Stingray he has ever produced!!![/i]

[i]This is one of only 783 ever made.[/i]

[i]Solid mahogany body with strings thru design. Single H model.[/i]
[i]Lovely birdseye maple neck, rosewood board all finished in transparent crimson.[/i]
[i]Comes with a plush black velvet lined oxblood case.[/i]

[i]A timeless design that continues to be a favorite among bassists worldwide, the Music Man Stingray is commemorated by Ernie Ball with this 30th anniversary limited edition bass. This special version of the Stingray features a mahogany body with a translucent crimson finish and a 34" scale select maple neck with rosewood fretboard, 21 jumbo frets, compensated nut, and six-bolt neck joint. The beefy Music Man humbucker is complemented by a 3-band active EQ and protected from interference noise by body cavity shielding. The hardware includes a wheel-adjust truss rod, Schaller BM tuners with tapered string posts, five-ply black and cream pickguard, and a heavy-duty, string-thru body, chrome-plated steel bridge.[/i]

[i]Features[/i]
[i]30th anniversary limited edition[/i]
[i]Translucent crimson finish[/i]
[i]Mahogany body[/i]
[i]Select maple neck[/i]
[i]Rosewood fretboard[/i]
[i]34" scale[/i]
[i]21 jumbo frets[/i]
[i]Compensated nut[/i]
[i]6-bolt neck joint[/i]
[i]Music Man humbucker[/i]
[i]3-band active EQ[/i]
[i]Body cavity shielding[/i]
[i]Wheel-adjust truss rod[/i]
[i]Schaller BM tuners[/i]
[i]5-ply black and cream pickguard[/i]
[i]Heavy-duty, string-thru body steel bridge[/i]
[i]Chrome-plated hardware[/i]

Review in Bass Guitar Mag:

[url="http://www.bassguitarmagazine.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=59:music-man-30th-anniversary-stingray&catid=37:bassguitars"]http://www.bassguita...=37:bassguitars[/url]

It has a tiny nick in the body due to my clumsy guitarist, other than that bass and case are in lovely condition.

This is the damage, its only 3mm wide.

Edited by Clarky72

Aww, bless, my old bass....

It's a beaut this one, killer tone, and beautifully finished, the neck had a hint of birds eye, and flame to it.

Clarky72 is a top fella, a pleasure to deal with, and I wouldn't hestitate to do another deal with him, should the occassion arise :)

Good luck with the sale mate, and a free bump :)

[quote name='Clarky72' timestamp='1318334033' post='1400656']
BUMP!

I'm now thinking I need the cash more than a trade... only 2 weeks to go until my honeymoon! :)

...but if you have got a nice Jazz then please still let me know. I am weak.
[/quote]

Dont think you're asking enough for it then Clarky if it's got to help fund the Honeymoon............womens needs increase exponentially with marriage!

I know!!! Just in time too! Now here's hoping one of the other 22 watchers might up the bid before the end of the auction! I'm just praying it s not all just fellow BC'ers watching to see how the sale goes!! :)

Edited by Clarky72

[quote name='Clarky72' timestamp='1318514511' post='1403165']Damn you evil Ebay.

Sold the bass, then the buyer backed out saying he can't afford it.... WTF?

So the bass remains on sale... Mart, we're going to be here forever with these!![/quote]

Unbelievable.....