Why become a member? ×

Ibanez Blazer upgrade...SOLD......

The Burpster

Having bought its replacement, may Blazer project would now like a new home.
Below link shows its history.

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=4324&hl=teaser"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=4324&hl=teaser[/url]

Latest additiions are Rotos (although the D'addario chromes will come with it) and te Clover string tree.

To include, set of Schaller strap locks and te orignal used but completly functional HSC.

£400 or the nearest offer. Please-- no trades-- as I have too many now.

Am going to the BB next weekend if anyone with a serious offer wants to try it.

[i][b]SOLD[/b][/i] Thanks Pete!

[quote name='The Burpster' post='162078' date='Mar 23 2008, 09:59 AM']133 views and not a single comment?

She's getting sad that noone wants to give her a new home![/quote]
Hi Bob,

Good point as many basses for sale on here get loads of comments and they're nowhere near in the same class, IMHO.. Must admit, I'm one of the 133 who viewed and didn't comment but it was more because I was having to control my GAS at that point to be honest!

The phrase 'if I could, I would' springs to mind :)

Good luck with the sale.. Look forward to meeting you at the Bash next week!

Nik

it is a fantastic bass, but pray tell...how you came about the price for it?

I recall buying mine for £179 in 83. I sold it in 89 and have regretted it eversince plus, seeing this pricetag makes me even more sick!

andy

[quote name='andy67' post='162702' date='Mar 24 2008, 04:20 PM']it is a fantastic bass, but pray tell...how you came about the price for it?

I recall buying mine for £179 in 83. I sold it in 89 and have regretted it eversince plus, seeing this pricetag makes me even more sick!

andy[/quote]

Bob's Blazer's completely upgraded with top-end Schaller hardware & electrics & I'm sure that's reflected in the price. Even the JapCrap purist in me has to admit it's unique & sodding gorgeous! :)

Jon.

There you have the answer...

1981 Blazer in v.good conditon....£300
Schaller catalogue parts £200
Clean set up and service, fit new parts and rewire (in hours) £100

Mojo, of a piece of history that can kick the ass of modern pretenders------ [i][size=3]Priceless[/size][/i]

:)

[quote name='The Burpster' post='170127' date='Apr 5 2008, 09:15 AM']Seems someone else loves her too and wants to house her...

:)[/quote]
Phew... That's a relief as I've been thinking about this bass for a bit too long.... :huh:

[quote name='silverfoxnik' post='170147' date='Apr 5 2008, 10:20 AM']Phew... That's a relief as I've been thinking about this bass for a bit too long.... :huh:[/quote]

You've got enough basses Mr Silverfox :)

[quote name='Beedster' post='170570' date='Apr 6 2008, 09:43 AM']You've got enough basses Mr Silverfox :huh:[/quote]

Aaaaaah but has Nik got any yet with that injection of special Burpster love.......

Or even Beedster love for that matter....!

:)

PS Nik. wiat for the Fender project I'm doing.... I [i][b]KNOW[/b][/i] you'll like that!

[quote name='Beedster' post='170570' date='Apr 6 2008, 09:43 AM']You've got enough basses Mr Silverfox :)[/quote]
Very true! And so have you Mr Beedster... In fact, I'd say we're pretty much even on that score .. 7-all I believe :huh:

Sounds interesting Bob.... Will watch this space with interest!